Who's watching you?

Discussion in 'General' started by R Hood, Dec 4, 2003.

1. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

2. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

3. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Those people bitchin are making a big deal of nothing.

OOOOO the system is tracking you......

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Don't the stores already have video cameras running?

5. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

you stole my soul!

[​IMG]

6. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

WTF!!! Where do I start? First off, NOONE is getting their picture taken, How could a system take a "close-up" picutre? There are literally thousands of variables, from a person's height, to the angle they pick up the product.... secondly, what would a picture taken at the shelf, and not one taken at the register prove? They could have simply found a better product on next aisle and not bought it, I've done that a hundred times before...... This is simply the replacement to the UPC, a RFID that is scanned at the register for cost, etc. What that is under the shelf is an inventory checker, it tracks how many products are on the shelf, and when they get low, it alerts the store to buy more, and so on....... so this moron doesn't even deserve to have his web page looked at.. :Puke: :Puke:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/rfid.asp

7. RichardLesher

RichardLesher Well-Known Member

Plus how many pictures are taken while the item is being STOCKED!!!!!!!!

I would LOVE to be the person at Gilette that gets to read all the moron mail this causes.

8. Chip

Chip Registered

I'll let Rockwell take this one:

(high pitched voice) "I always fell like somebodys waaaaaatching meeeeeeeee! (deep voice) "and I get no privacy!"

9. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

Your wrong. Saw how it works on a show something like 20/20.
    And yes. It takes your picture AND tracks the product or products you pick up, , , all the way to the time its checked out. Now as to the reason as to why some foolish people would come up with this stupid bullshit , , , couldn't tell you.
    Yes. It is for tracking product sales but it is not
    all in the " under" the counter thing. That is the stoes in house
    system for sales/inventory re-supply. Anyway, I think it is
    very fucking stupid.

10. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate you can't recall which show you saw this on....I can't find ANY reports of these pictures from any reputable news outlet?

Can anyone else?

UPDATE - Found an article about this...it was being done in the UK, not the US.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,999866,00.html

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  11. ZebProctor1

WRONGO.... do some research on RFID's.... it does NOT send off a signal that can be "tracked" it must have a low voltage current passed through it (I will not go into details) to be read, so unless there is some guy following "the product" with an RFID scanner and a video camera, there is no way it can be "tracked"....... and so what if a midget goes to pick up the product, do they get a "close-up" picture taken of them? How about if someone 7 feet tall got one? If people would stop to think about this for a second, it's a fricking $4 razor cartridge, why would you spend that type of money to track a razor cartridge? ............If you did see something on the news, it's just a bunch of morons trying to stir the pot of shit.....

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gillette is tracking my every movement. They are trying to control me with their micro chip and with their program of fluorinating the water supply and their program of substituting mind altering drugs when they claim to be inoculations.

Gillette is the devil!

13. ZebProctor1

Sounds like a troll
    LOOKS like a troll
    DEFINATELY SMELLS like a troll

..... must be....
    DAKE K :D :D :D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Zeb is a witch! Burn him! He's in it with the Gooberment and Gillette! BURN HIM!!!!!

:D

15. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

well shit i hope they get a camera function so when i shave my pubics on my croch they can watch then that way they know if i like it or it sucks cause i get razor burn.

16. ZebProctor1

electric razor man, close shave, and no nicks... :D

17. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

cant i get razor burn i allready tried it. and i got ta do it often that way the old lady aint eating the dingle berries.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2003
  18. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

Actually the high-pitched voice on the song is Michael Jackson. :eek:

19. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

20. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee

Pffffttttt......

Forget this Gillette BS, if you're worried about someone spying on you, you should be talking about the 'Echelon Network'