1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Throw them away. Those are smoker's supplies. Now, you're not a smoker.

2. im starting to think my lack of sleep isn't from nicotine anymore. i realized last night that after the gym i take these recovery pills that have a ton of b6 and b12 in them, plus i eat another meal when i get home. i feel like i'm way too over stimulated. i think i'm going to try this routine for another week and then if it keeps up i'll switch to working out before work in the AM.

oh still no smoking. i've had small cravings here and there but nothing major. i actually could care less anymore about it when i'm around it.

3. just over 2 weeks! going strong.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Good job, it's all downhill now.

5. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I believe I've earned myself the right to toot my own horn today. It's been 1 year since I've had a cigarette!

6. hell yeah! that's awesome. i'm at 4 weeks and 1 day. week 3 was rough...i wanted to smoke worse than anything but i'm still chugging along.

7. Keep it up people its worth it! I saved enough each month to pay entry fees for two classes per round.

8. quitting already bought me a new helmet for this year. plus some other odds and ends. all of the money i dont use smoking has gone right back into building my bike. when i see something out of it that i can put in my hands, it motivates me more.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:up: Congratulations!

10. SoCal1000

SoCal1000 Will work for tires

Day 22 without a cigarette. This thread helped me decide to quit.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Congrats guys!!

And I won't throw my pack away. I have no desire and have had some VERY stressful times in the last year. But have never picked em up.

12. I'm down to about a half pack a day, best I want to do right now.

13. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

Even though i'm a lurker on this board, this thread was the reason i've been smoke free for over a month.

Thanks to the OP for starting this.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Keep it up, zjay!

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

As a multiple times quiter I've avoided this thread...until now. I smoked from '70 to '82...quit while the kids were growing up...started again from '02, intermittently thru yesterday. I've had my fill of the crap, time to cleanup my act. Funny, it was "Mr Spock" blaming smoking that pushed me over the edge....Thanks Leonard! :D

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Benny Parsons had a little something to do with my quitting. Him and my father-in-law. Watching him gasp like a guppy those last couple years was a real eye opener.

Whatever it takes. Congrats to all us quitters! :beer:

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Seven years ago right now I was in the garage smoking my last cigarette.

Sometimes I kinda miss 'em a little, but Jesus H am I glad I don't smoke the nasty things anymore.

Props to all you other quitters.

18. 5 weeks, 1 day, 5 hours and 41 minutes for me.

besides WANTING to quit. this thread helped a lot. i didnt want to come back in here and say i failed. whatever works right?

19. Day 1 of operation max 1 smoke every 2 hours. My goal is to be 100% done May 10th. I told myself I will buy myself a Jeep if I quit smoking.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

doesn't sound like such a present to yourself :Poke::p