1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Bay can get on their knees and lick my big, hairy, salty NUTZ!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

To hell with those fuck-tards!

I had to sell an old pair of ski boots that weren't selling on CL.

First, they wouldn't list the ad until I signed up for some bullshit auto payment for listing fees.

Not a big deal, never had a problem paying them in the past, but whatever....

Now, the boots sold, I shipped the things the following day and they arrived at the buyers place last week. I finally get around to going to PayPal to send the money to my bank account and the funds are Held!!!

WTF?!!! Apparently they hold the funds for 3 weeks to ensure no problems! :down:

Screw this horse crap, I haven't sold anything on this craptastic site in 5 years or more. You can bet your ass this will be the last time I ever do it too.

What a bunch of horseshit!! Ebay, get on your knees, cup your hands, and begin to suck on my big ole hair, salty, sweaty nuts!

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

End rant. :beer:

2. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

I do agree that ebay's fees are pretty fucked up, however I just moved some old mountain bike parts last week, and had no issue with my paypal account. Could have been something to do with how the buyer sent payment. Just a thought. I'd much rather use CL, however some things require a broader market, and ebay has it cornered.

3. iceman017

iceman017 alive and kicking

i remember the days when ebay was new... I was about to gradjitate college and it was simple and cheap to sell on ebay. Now it's complicated as all hell, you have to jump through numerous flaming hoops, and the fees are at minimum 10-15% by the time you get your money. bullcrap, but if you really wanna reach a large buying audience... I dunno what else to use.

Does anyone know of any other good options for online classifieds? Or how to make your CL ad seen in multiple cities nationwide?

4. iceman017

iceman017 alive and kicking

yeah, sbhockey is right - paypal has actually been great for me (I sell a bunch, so it goes right onto my paypal debit card) but you have to specify exactly what payment methods you accept. Anything by e-check has a hold, just like if you were depositing a real third party check into your bank. Paypal has a bad habit of directing you right past lots of detail options, whether you're buying or selling. Watch out too if you're buying something and you have multiple addresses set up on your paypal... I learned that the hard way.

5. CAMELTOEHUNTER

CAMELTOEHUNTER Well-Known Member

Use it as an advertising tool as opposed to a "revenue"

I have 10 current ads up, from 500-3000 dollars, but they rairly sell. Most buisness is derived from the phone number in the backround or the website address next to the item.

The fees are just too high.

6. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Just keep the money you make in your Paypal account for buying other stuff later...then you never have a problem. Works for me!

7. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I would leave my stuff on the curb for free taking before ever selling on E-Bay again.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You're in Joisey. That happens regardless if you use eBay. :D

9. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

I had the same hold bs on some stuff I sold but it gets released pretty quick usually.

10. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

Say thank you to all the fraud that people try to pull off all the time (and get away with it).

11. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Now its the buyers committing the most fraud. Hell if the buyer makes a nsad complaint 45 days later ebay/paypal will snag it out of your account and hand it over to the thief.

12. the fee holding is because your paypal/ebay account doesn't have enough history. i sell stuff on ebay all the time. i dont care about stupid fees. i either don't sell it and make no money or i sell it and make money. its an easy choice for me.

13. BaaadDucRonnie

BaaadDucRonnie Well-Known Member

^^^ Same here - I've made just under $40K in worldwide eBay sales since 2001 (small potatoes considering the time frame) and have never had a problem with eBay or Paypal. They are very useful tools if you are honest and don't misrepresent what you are selling.

14. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

Paypal always holds the first transaction up to 21 days when you sell on eBay and you don't do it frequently, or it is one of your first transactions. I believe if the buyer leaves positive feedback for you, they will release it at that time. If they don't leave feedback expect the hold to be the whole 21 days.

15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I have been an eBay member since 2001. Nothing but positive feedback, never had an issue paying the listing fees, never had any claims or issues against me. Do I make a living selling crap there, No. Do I frequently sell stuff there, No. Is it hurting me they hold my 80 dollars, No. Is it redonkulus that they hold my money for no damn legit reason, hell yes!

BTW, I use paypal all the damn time. Selling my Panthers tickets every year and for a lot of other things throughout the year. Never had an issue with getting my money instantly. This is some eBay scumbag horseshit rule.

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Nothing but positives to say about my 13-year membership with eBay.

I buy much more often than I sell, and the fees have become greater over the years, but there is nothing that comes close when you factor in the protection they offer you.

Bought some camera components last year that ended up being counterfeit and made a claim. Had my money back in a week despite the seller trying to claim the items were genuine.

Another time a buyer tried to claim he never received the item I sold him (a $500 vehicle part) so I just sent eBay the proof of delivery/signature notification that I ALWAYS require when selling and they dropped his case faster than anything.

17. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, eBay is MUCH better for buyers then sellers. They're really shooting themselves in the foot over there; sellers are what makes (made) eBay great.

My lesson learned: if you're selling something expensive, take a detailed video of you putting the functional items in the box, wrapping it, and affixing the postage label. State that you'll do this in your eBay ad, and that should avoid the scam artists.

The biggest scam to date is people claiming that their items arrived damaged or missing. Very hard to prove, and eBay sides with the buyer 99.999999% of the time.

18. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

they will also release your funds as soon as the buyer leaves positive feedback. easy way for them to reimburse if there is a problem that cant be resolved.

19. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

No problems with the fees and whatnot BUT what about the new shipping policy numbers? WTF!!! How am i supposed to remember a damn 8 digit policy number for shipping fees? What used to take me 5 minutes to list is now a 20-30 minute project

20. BaaadDucRonnie

BaaadDucRonnie Well-Known Member

What do you mean about "shipping policy numbers"? I currently have 45 listings running and have never heard of this.