1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Sepang Test 2014!

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 3, 2014.

1. This seems like it will be another great season. Especially with the Espagaros on competitive bikes.

2. Yep. That was a pretty remarkable statistic, IMO. One problem with that though, is that a practice crash can injure you just as easily as a race crash can.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So can stepping out of bed and tripping over your shoes :D

4. That's one way I haven't injured myself so far. Knock on wood!:D

5. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Exactly. Two new tracks and he won at both. That says a lot.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Brother George only crashed twice all season, both in practice and qualifying, and broke his collarbone (the same, amazingly) both times. Marquez not breaking himself is just luck of the draw. If you keep coming off the bike, you'll get an injury that requires time off eventually. Valentino's 2010 season was effectively ended by a practice / qualifying crash.

Marc had 7.5 times more opportunity to get hurt than Jorge. All it would have taken for him to miss 2 or 3 races would be to have landed a little bit differently, Marc not getting busted up was pure chance.

I don't agree. Jorge and Marc are about evenly matched in every respect. In outright pace they're similar. In terms of aggression and daring Jorge and Marc are capable of about the same, Jorge just chooses not to employ it usually. He wasn't called The Lunatic for nothing. Jorge is capable of crazy and aggressive moves, and he can turn the aggression on or off at will.

In terms of racing intelligence they seem to have similar abilities. Marc is still young and impetuous but remarkably mature. I still give the edge to Jorge for maturity. I think Marc can still be somewhat goaded into making mistakes. As far as grit, I'm not sure. Marc is definitely a tough bugger, but Jorge has shown himself to be an absolute warrior. Jorge's determination is simply mindblowing.

Marc is only going to get better, but I don't believe Jorge has peaked either. I think these two will constantly swap titles for the next few years.

All it takes is one mechanical or one injury and the other dude will take the title. Marc is stupid good, but he's not a god.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

But you're comparing rookie Marquez to Lorenzo in his prime.

This year Marquez is bringing a year of riding experience in the premier class, personal data to work off of from last year, and a bike more suited to his needs from a developmental standpoint.

Think back to Lorenzo and Rossi from 2008-2010 and Jorge's progression in performance. Except this time Lorenzo is the reigning king and Marquez is the new kid on the block.

8. It will be interesting to see how much Marc can improve. His level is so high already.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

God help everyone else.

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

The million dollar piece of shit Honda:Puke: Nicki deserves so much better

11. mike998b

mike998b Well-Known Member

Is it a coincidence that Dorna is not releasing top speed numbers like they usually do? Are they trying to save face for Honda and their superbike in Motogp clothing. Somebody's gotta leak some numbers sooner or later. Are there no radar guns in Malaysia?

What a disappointment! I knew the Yamaha package would be better, but never imagined that Honda would be so far behind.

Honda can't afford to tarnish the company's reputation by leaving this lump to run around in 15th all year. They'll find some more power but how soon.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't know man. The Joker last season looked like a decaf version of the Moto2 edition. This season I expect we will see the double shot version. :D

13. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

Have you watched Moto3 the last 2 seasons? They haven't looked si good, and it isn't a Japanese company handing them their ass. It seems like they don't give a damn unless it is a "factory" effort.

14. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

Aleix espagaro just posted a 1:59

15. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Rossi less than .2 behind MM, George up to P3 just off VR.

16. 4 people under 2 min mark is incredible. Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, Alexi. these guys are pushing hard!

17. caferace

caferace No.

A lot of people looked at me askew when I said Honda would hamstring the RCV1000's.

Shock. Surprise.

-jim

18. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

Agreed, but to be accurate, Lorenzo crashed 3x last season:
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/MotoGP+Analysis+The+2013+Falls+Report

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The 1st race hasn't happened....all that's happened is some people have won the track day.