1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing my thesis on Conflict within the AMA

Discussion in 'General' started by tonni1000, Jan 21, 2014.

1. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

I think that "the conflict" has something todo with egos and for that reason we probably all share some of the blame.

or maybe it was the pacecars.

2. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

pretty far off base, In my opinion its easy for people to blame DMG NASCAR or who ever, Bottom line nobody comes to the races. why, in my opinion it is not interesting to a broad spectrum of fans, It is not really a "Pro" sport compared to NASCAR or even the Lucas Dirt Late model series. Its been numbed down to a 5 race series because the fans don't come out and see it, why, because they don't know the names of people riding or working on the bikes, People go to monster jam to see gravedigger why......cause they know the name. Fanwalks and other things that AMA does are things to get those names out there, from what i have seen, most don't take it serious as in the riders, Everyone working together will get people to the track.
    Second part is Racing in general has gone the way of the spoiled silver spoon brat and that is in all forms of motorsports right now all the way to the top, people don't like that. who cares about watching rich kids play when mom an dad pay the bills. racing has lost grit, thats what people want

3. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

An really with stunts like this do you think DMG NASCAR has time to worry about how to screw up AMA road racing, seems to me they are spending all their time screwing up there own deal

New Qualifying Format announced: In a move aimed toward enhancing the fan experience watching at the track and at home, NASCAR has announced a new group qualifying format for its three national series that is more compelling, more closely emulates actual on-track competition and underlines the sport's on-going commitment to innovation.

At tracks measuring 1.25 miles in length or larger, qualifying for the Coors Light Pole Award will consist of three rounds:
    • The first qualifying elimination round will be 25 minutes in duration and includes all cars/trucks. The 24 cars/trucks that post the fastest single lap from the first qualifying round will advance to the second round.
    • The remaining cars/trucks will be sorted based on their times posted in the first round of qualifying in descending order.
    • The second qualifying elimination round will be 10 minutes in duration and the 12 cars/trucks that post the fastest single lap time will advance to the third and final round. The fastest remaining cars/trucks earn positions 13th through 24th based on their times posted in qualifying in descending order.
    • The third and final qualifying round will be five minutes in duration and the fastest single lap time will determine positions 1st through 12th in descending order.
    • There will be a five-minute break between each qualifying round.

At tracks measuring less than 1.25 miles, qualifying for the Coors Light Pole Award will consist of two rounds:
    • The first qualifying elimination round will be 30 minutes in duration and includes all cars/trucks. The 12 cars/trucks that post the fastest single lap time from the first qualifying round will advance to the second and final round.
    • The remaining cars/trucks will be sorted based on their times posted in the first round of qualifying in descending order.
    • There will be a 10-minute break between the two qualifying rounds.
    • The second and final qualifying round will be 10 minutes in duration and the fastest single lap time posted will determine positions 1st through 12th in descending order.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they generally stink.

5. caferace

caferace No.

That just sounds like WSBK Superpole.

-jim

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Good luck Reggie!

7. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

That's what I was thinking. Maybe they do watch two wheel races to come up with some ideas.

8. tonni1000

tonni1000 Well-Known Member

Thanks Tuna

9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

With the spelling and grammar nazis, its an eternal gag on forums include this one, I didn't think it was that cryptic.

Re your thesis, I'm interested in how you are going to frame this or more specifically what your theory is. I might have missed it but are you referring to a conflict of interest or the way dmg manages conflict? If the point of the thesis is to prove a pretty specific issue within the bounds of the paper, and they are two different things (albeit related) then it made me wonder. Might also help frame the conversations with others. Sorry if I'm way off or you got it covered.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  10. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

I loved his conflict at Jennings when he literally threw a racer out of his pits. :crackup:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, and it seems to be popular with the fans too. Weird shit. :D

12. tonni1000

really Todd lol hey i have grown since then!! Sean too :FL:

13. tonni1000

No it was cause the conflict within the org just like other major corps. theres a reason it's failing, why is waht i want to know help fix it or in this case save it.

14. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Dont start no shit with me, I'd hate to have to whoop yo whitey ass.

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I agree with this statement.

16. tonni1000

How so? I want to hear your opinion

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Read this article. It might point you in a good direction for your research. Anyone who has shit to talk about grammer or spelling. Fuck em. That's what spell check and editing is for. I know plenty of very intelligent engineers, tool makers and technicians that can't put a sentence together on paper to save their ass but can build, design and troubleshoot most grammer nazis under the table.

http://maverickmotomedia.com/david-lloyd-save-professional-motorcycle-racing-usa/

18. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

That's the thing though, the task at hand isn't building, designing, or troubleshooting, it is, quite literally, putting a sentence together on paper to save his ass.

P.S. "grammAr"

Sincerely,

Shit talker

19. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Oye vey.

20. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Lets eat Grandma!

Let's eat, Grandma!

Punctuation; it matters.