1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Wolf of Wall Street

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 11, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't think of any movie that captures the hookers-and-blow lifestyle better than this one. :crackup:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I read some place that it holds the record for number of F-bombs dropped in a movie. No idea if it is accurate.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, it's three hours long. It holds the record, that probably helped.

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Nil by Mouth - 1997 - 3.34 per minute
    The Wolf of Wall Street - 2013 - 2.83 per minute

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Wanted a bag of ludes and one of blow after I saw that.... Great movie.. Long but great!

6. v42168

v42168 Well-Known Member

Just finished the book an hour ago, what a loon. That guy did more drugs than Kieth Richards.

7. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

?

Funny as hell but to long

8. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

I almost felt like I needed a shower afterwards :crackup:

Good movie though

9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Does it entertain for the whole 3? Is it worth sitting through?

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes... Best MOVIE I have seen in awhile....:up:

11. socal

socal Well-Known Member

String of funny scenes...gets old though after the first 1 1/2 hours.

12. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

?

I'm glad I saw it but actually saw it by mistake was supposed to see something else and this was a back up.

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

definitely the best movie I've seen in a while. might be 3 hours long but funny every second. in the news there were lots of people walking out of the movie due to the amount of f-bombs dropped…id say get the fuck out ya idiot:crackup:

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Most left in the opening scene where I saw it...:crackup:

15. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

There's so many reasons not to watch this, def won't be supporting it :down:

16. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

And those reasons might be???

Not trolling, merely interested in your POV.

It is a movie, a depiction of something that happened during that point in time.
    Maybe Scorsese just wanted to give the viewer something to think about....that's what good films do....makes you think about how things are and/or how they could be changed....

17. SpeedyE

:confused: ????? :confused:

18. SpeedyE

Some older (late 40's) lady at our local race-club/org/track is always offended by me, I cuss, but not like a sailor, I cuss but it's funny when I do it. She always gives me a look/comment/lecture....something like "this a family orienteded event/club/sport"
    I'm always like " :eek::confused::eek: Really?"
    I don't know what planet she thinks she's on, but RR'ing was always a pack of loonies back in the day. I can see it changing, people being more reserved/etc....F that :D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Um let's see. The older DeCapucino gets the worse he gets. Loved his early stuff like Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape even as a supporting character. Titanic was so gawdamn boring I tried multiple times to watch it and fell asleep every damn time. The Departed was his last good star role.
    Shutter Island was shit.
    Inception was shit.
    The Beach was shit.
    I really tried to like those flicks mainly because I like Leo. But I was fooling myself. The dude has done a bunch of Woody Allen style work IMO. The sort of stuff people rave about but can't say why except because of who he is.
    With the exception of The Departed I can't think of a single DeCapucino film I'd want to sit down and watch again. Guess I'm not his target audience though I have tremendous respect for the actor who did The Basketball Diaries. I've seen it twice and that was enough though.

Scorsese has a much better track record. But when his work misses it just becomes torture to sit through. I'm sure this flick is entertaining but I'll wait for DVD. It's just not the sort of flick I'd sit through in a theater.

Did I leave anything out? :D

20. SpeedyE

I was too young/dumb when I saw Gilbert Grape to see/know just how good he was, in it.
    Was never a fan until Departed. Also liked him in Blood Diamond and also in some movie about him being a CIA guy working for/with a fat Russell Crowe. Other than those, can't recall being a fan. But because of those three, I am a fan.

Titanic? You actually watched that?!?!?!?!? I am highly disappointed in you....I would have expected someone of your character to have told the old lady to pound sand when she demanded you see it.
    You let me down, on that one :mad::mad::mad:

:D

I think I may be the only bf who refused to see that titanic turd. My mancard must be made of Kevlar :Putter: