Old track t-shirts

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Dec 3, 2013.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Everyone has em. Ya know, the one's you were every weekend at the track and are even guilty of occasionally wearing out in public to the dismay of your SO. So which ones you love most?
    I'm particularly attached to my Marmo shirt, Team Kinetic shirt (even though Rob won't give me one of the cool grey ones), one of my Barber shirts, and an old Suzuki shirt I picked up at the Suzuki Cup Finals back a few years ago.
    Never been to a pro race so don't have any cool pro team or event swag.:(

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

First year Barber AMA shirt (2004?)...back when it was the HONDA sponsored event. Miguel on number 17.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My Motoliberty HRC RS125 shirt is my favorite that I still have. I used to have a 1/4ley/ Renfrow suzuka 8 hrs tshirt but that turned to dust.

4. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I have a cool old Bridgehampton Raceway shirt put away for the kid when he gets bigger. :up:

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I have an Indy Cycle Jam shirt from, I think, 1994 (no year printed on it). Was working with Virginia Breeze Racing at the time and was the first time our bike was used for an event shirt.
    I have an AMA event shirt from VIR from 2003 that I was wearing at the 2004 event. We were talking to Chris Ulrich and he laughed when he saw that they used a picture of him for the 2003 event shirt, but, instead of having 18 on the front number plate, they just used a 1. Chris grabbed a sharpie and added the 8.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ah, another would be my Star-gel hawaiian crewshirt. You'd be surprised the number of people who reconized what it was the time I wore it to the local shopping maul. :D

7. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Early 90's Sunshine State Nationals with with Donald Jacks on the back. Haven't worn it since he died, though.

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I've got a couple Harley flat track t-shirts from around 1994, when I worked at a Harley dealer in Kansas City. One might even be for the Sedalia half mile that only lasted a few years around then.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe one of these days I'll make it to a pro event, like an Indy GP, and pick up some cool stuff. Used to be fairly attached to my old TGPR shirt, but considering how cruel that place has been to me for the last 3 years, I'm a bit less attached now. :D

Oh almost forgot about my signed Bayliss and Bostrom tees. Gotta love those.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've got a classic......

A WERA Putnam Park T-shirt!

My wife has tried to throw it out 10 times but I always head her off and snag it from the garbage. It's hidden now.

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I got a rare Mid Atlantic Motorsports Complex t shirt. That's the track Dennis Macchio was trying to build over in Riverhead to replace The Bridge.
    I have a good selection of shirts from Bryar Motorsports Park, too.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  12. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

How about a shirt from the last Wera 24 hours, which was at Willow Springs, 2000 I think. After staying up from Saturday morning to Sunday night (the crew stayed up, riders left and went back to the hotel) I was not leaving without a souvenir. It used to be glow-in-the dark but that washed out of it a long time ago.

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

2003, I have one.

Woo hoo!

14. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

1982 Elkhart Lake Superbike, my 17 year old son is wearing it in rotation with older stuff.

15. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I have a few Wera GNF shirts from the 90's. I never throw anything away especially an old moto shirt.

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

My old school cmra tank top that my does not fit me, so my wife wears it and gets hit on by dudes thinking she is a racer.

my old kawasaki ninja shirt! does not fit me, and yes my stole that one also!

I got a lawson shirt somewhere also...cool shirt!

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

For my 60th, Anna made this out of my old shirts.

[​IMG]

18. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

I have an old Gateway shirt from the last AMA Superbike race probably
    ever here in St. Louis

19. move/shoot

move/shoot est 1965

[​IMG][/IMG]
    My 14 year old daughter wearing a 1980's vintage shirt. Funny, that shirt used to fit me...

Paul Garland
    Vintage Specialties #101

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sunshine has his own State Nationals?