this should help explain

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott Swensgard, Nov 18, 2013.

1. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Another great reason for Home-schooling! We have "technology days" aka working with Dad in the garage.

2. Chip

Chip Registered

Thats awesome!

3. Steve C

Steve C Mostly working.

Why are they waving the checkers at the start? :)
    Steve

4. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Yea they're all hot and sweaty, then it turns into more of a wrestling match, one gets her shirt torn.....

Everyone goes home happy.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Can you spot Pedrosa in that picture?

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea, he's on the front row….he was 15 years old:D

7. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

wow that is cool! like to hear that group headed into turn one on the first lap.

seriously? that wasnt my experience at all, I literally grew up in MX but I haven't been off road racing in ages now. I was wondering the same as TurboBlue. if that many show up for micro road racing there has to be some kinda reason for it. are those are all chinese bikes or what?

that is far out though! surely most of those kids have dirtbikes, and the ones that race them regularly will definitely be more physically fit than those that dont. not to mention sharper reflexes and reaction times. and that stuff is a huge advantage when the going gets smooth (on pavement)

I bet they have a pretty serious mini-supermoto group somewhere near there too! thats where its really at! damn shame it didnt catch on hard in the US.

edit: spotted some mini-supers in the second photo (back row)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  8. The kids with tinted visors are former laser-pointer victims.

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Bad ass

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

11. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

You sure they are kids and not just Pedrosa/Marquez look alikes? Similar in size correct?

12. fresh meat

fresh meat Active Member

been looking for something like this to put my kids into, but there is nothing around here :(

Aside from starting them out racing dirt bikes, what other options are there? My kids are 9 and 7, both ride dirt, but how do you introduce them into road racing?

13. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

My thoughts exactly.:up:

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Where do you live?

15. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

we have YSR/NSR racing series here in ohio. plenty of opportunity for both pocket bikes and supermoto minis.

16. Hey Meat... lol, anyway, where do you live? I'm sure we can direct you to some kart tracks, racing for the kids and super moto to keep you sharp too.

17. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

18. fresh meat

fresh meat Active Member

I'm up north, Ontario Canada.

19. Ontario Province is a big piece of land, if you are close to the US border check out NJminigp. There is some great racing from this club and some very fast kids have gone through there. There is a strong group from the other side of the continent in B.C. I have some contacts there who may be able to direct you in the east. PM me for more info. Good Luck

http://www.njminigp.com/

20. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Too bad you are not out here in Western Canada. The club I race with (AMRA: Alberta Mini Road Racing Association) has a youth class. Your kids are just the right age. We put them on CRF50's, supply gear if you need it, and get them lap time. We regularly have 4 or so kids, and on a national weekend we have as many as 10. It is awesome to see the kids run.