1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC51 Racer roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by IB723, Nov 16, 2013.

1. IB723

IB723 Well-Known Member

So anyone still race these?

2. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Love the bike, did one TD on mine and there is no way in hell you will have fun on that bike without ALOT of $$$ on setting up that pig. But the sound makes me feel all funny....down there

3. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

+1

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I did one track day on mine as well. I decided to race a baby RC51, an SV650. I still ride the RC on the street, great street bike.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Not an RC but I do have a tlr. personally I don't think it lives up to its reputation as a pig. Does it handle like my SV? No. But it still beats the hell out of a couple of my other tanks. Fun as hell to ride and the noise is like music for me. I love mine but I also do have a bit of a hard-on for twins, especially big ones

6. TheGrouch

TheGrouch Well-Known Member

I ran an RC my first two years on the track. Boner-inducing sound from the Akra cans, but heavy. And the side rads don't crash well.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Papa ruined that bike for me. Like 10 years ago. Thanks Papa.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

9. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Raced mine back in '07/'08. It handled great and sounded absolutely wicked. I finally got tired of getting killed on the straights by guys on 1098's who I'd just passed through the corners, so I sold it and bought a 1098.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  10. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I race one. Love it. It is what it is.

11. Mblashfield

12. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Got my first win on this bad boy. Also got knocked unconcious for the first time on it but that's another story. Loved that thing. Instantly went 5 sec quicker on the 7 fiddy. Wasn't as fun tho.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. RevRacing

RevRacing Well-Known Member

Miss my '01 that I destroyed at Summit in '03. Will have another, hopefully soon.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Which one of those dogs rides with you in the 500? The one with the blue leash, or the pink?

I'm sorry....I just couldn't resist.

:D

15. Mblashfield

16. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

I had one, great bike, wish I kept it. Did have a few front end crashes on it though...

17. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Well, here's a pic of my old bike from Daytona 2007 and another one in the background.

It was a big ol tank but I loved it.

Attached Files:

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

It was my dream bike, till i rode it.

19. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

I still have my SP1 track bike, though I didn't make it to the track this year. I enjoy riding it on the track, but must confess my CBR1000 was easier to go faster on. RaceTech valves and springs in the front, Penske double clicker in the rear, Jardine 2-1 for weight reduction, and braided lines. I have fun on it, but it is what it is. You love them or hate them on the track, but people always stop to admire it and call you crazy for wrestling it. Newer 600's are better bikes, but I always did stuff the different or hard way. I still love mine but admit there are better bikes. Gear drive cams and V-twin roar=music to my ears. It might be for sale...

20. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

George and I had some great SE battles on ours. Sold mine after a few years to a good guy that has fun on it at track days. Mine had as much goodies as you could put on one to run HWT SS. Got tired of never sniffing a podium after the first straight. Why did I sell? I wanted some damn championships and I wanted to be in the mix for a win.
    I did get 3rd at the GNF! (Out of 3 bikes). And that being said, it was a cheater with the Marvic wheels (shedding some unsprung weight makes em handle sweet). No one ever protested the bike. I mean, why would 11th place protest 10th? I will be riding a 2-fiddy next year so I WILL BE LEGAL. I'll still be shooting for 10th place tho.......