1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

italians getting smarter in racing??

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Nov 15, 2013.

1. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

I like..

1. Ducati hiring an ITALIAN to run their Italian team (Gi Gi is brilliant imo)

2. Ducati hires 2 HUNGRY talented riders (Chaz and Davide)

3. Ducati takes the WSBK team back in house!

4. MV Agusta making return to WSBK (with a proven re$ult$ driven team)

what does the mighty Beeb think??

2. light 3

light 3 the bot

i would say the germans are smart at running a team which happens to be italian.

and i'm always happy to see another manufacturer out there racing.

3. ed who?

Germans ARE smart, however the two have vastly different languages and even more so on how things are run.. not that one is better than the other just VERY different.. i like oil and i like vinegar but they dont mix well. I think Ducati NEEDED an Italian running things again.. now if only a dual arm was placed on that slinky of a chassis..

4. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

I think GiGI is a great move. Only an Italian can run a Ducati team (culture).
    Bringing a team in-house can only speed up development.

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

i wonder if Gigi will be spread too thin to fix both the GP team and the WSBK team.

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I don't think there is much wrong with the WSBK platform other than the rules neutered it...

I guess nobody here was watching it before WSBK placed new regulations on it.

7. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Rossi hired an Italian to replace JB as well. Remains to be seen if that will produce positive results.

8. ed who?

Bwhip hard IMO to replace Jerry.. i think it might help Rossi mentally but IMO Jerry is beyond proven..

9. Robby-Bobby

We don't know the ins and outs of the last year between JB or Rossi.

For all we know, throughout the year JB might have been "ok" with keeping the status quo.

Id like to think Rossi is still hungry and JB was just coasting along the last year knowing he's retiring soon.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Replacing JB makes sense. Only other thing Rossi can replace is himself and that's not going to really be feasible for him....

How he did it was bullshit but doing it wasn't.

11. Robby-Bobby

You always gotta 1 up me dont ya! Took what I said, and made more sense of it and made it sound better too:mad:

12. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Balsamic vinaigrette proves you wrong! :D

Back on topic: I think it will be great to see Chaz on the 1199 and Gigi working his magic with the race teams. Hopefully Biaggi's dad can bring the GP machine more inline with the Honda and Yamaha bikes and make the premier class more interesting. He's already said that nothing is sacred, which may ruffle some Ducatisti feathers in the short term but may be just what they need to run up front.

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Pretzel man was Italian. Look how that turned out. Ducati is failing because of their pigheadedness and intransigence. Another captain won't make a difference unless he has a 100% free hand to make radical changes.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The rules gave it balls in the first place, so one can hardly say the rules neutered it...

15. Robby-Bobby

No.

They were given a set of rules.

They built bad-ass bike per rules. Bike performed better than expected.

Bike got handicapped.

It's like building this monster motor with everything under the sun, then putting a stock carb on it.....