1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of rule changes for AMA in 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 8, 2013.

1. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Lol. I guess no one ever have you any knowledge on painting? And you've never had any other job? Has anyone ever commented on your paint jobs? Or suggested a better way to spray your clear? Or maybe a different method of sanding? Did they reach you everything you know? Do you run their stickers on all of your bodywork? Do you tell the chick you bone about your sex ed teacher telling you how it works?

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So should Nicky Hayden run a Repsol sticker on his bike since they brought him to GP? Should CEII run a Castrol sticker because he won a championship with them? Nope. You run the stickers if people pay you to do so (or if required by the racing org).

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No money from Yamaha, no sticker. You want to give away prime space for free you're more than welcome to.

I peel the dealership stickers off my cars. They want the space, they can pay me for it.

Pay up, suckers!

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

You beat me to it. No pay, no promote. Racing at that level is a business, plain and simple.

5. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Not now, but they did. The teams did make a difference by purchasing from suppliers and aftermarket parts manufacturers. Pro teams and privateers purchased more too. Don't assume factory teams don't buy or contract jobs outside the factory.

6. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I just want to make sure this isn't overlooked...

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

What I meant was the number of paying customers in the pro paddock is miniscule compared to the paying public.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I feel like I want to argue here but I'm not sure what were fighting over?

Is it stickers or yamahas or AMA or what?

Who's side am in on here??

Are we cussing at Mongo?

9. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Answers:

-what
    -against whomever posts above you
    -always

10. :stupid:

The look the dealer gave me was classic when I told him to remove that decal from my tailgate......unless he was going to pay me $500 per month for advertising. :D

11. :crackup:

12. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Chad is a stand-up guy and corners low. He paints good, too.

As for the rest of the debate, no comment!

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I don't care whether you think I'm cool or not. It's not a popularity contest. The reasons for not running Yamaha stickers are very clear once you understand all the facts. I'm not willing to make that public here, but if you want to understand it, talk to Perry.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Rick, Dude... Man... You left off the "Brah":crackup:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Do you think- maybe, just maybe - he learned something about the R6 from me?

16. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Thanks John, no i agree the manuf's are getting killed still its down to not being able to have "loose financing" like in the past IMO..

BUT you can't blame buyers either!! I mean, why would you buy a NEW R6?? when its basically the same since 08 (actually faster in 08-10) for HALF PRICE?

Why by a new R1 when again, its same since 09'... or a CBR600? It hasn't changed since 1847!!

John its the cart and horse thing.... you can't sell new bikes if they're not "NEW" it sucks..its kinda the old saying 'gotta spend money to make money" They have to invest in new bikes to get people excited to make us WANT to buy new bikes!! yes financing, pricing, economy all play roles but what is new and exciting from Suzuki lately?? (600 or 1000 talking racing) or even Honda?? nothing.

So in return shops like mine are really enjoy the added bonus of folks keeping their 08-12 bikes for more than 1 season..

What do you think about my (and others) 1000 Superstock class idea?? Personally i think it would be huge..

17. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Geoff we all agree however, actually its the AMA THAT NEEDS TO STFU AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT NUMBER PLATES!!

Who cares? How do number plates IMPROVE YOUR SHOW?? they don't.. again its the AMA wasting time and energy on stupid shit.

Did SX worry about the color of riders helmets in 2014?? NO they went out and got a FULL schedule and this thing called a TV PACKAGE that is impressive... THAT is where AMA Pro RR needs to be focusing 100% of their energy.. "how do we get bikes on the grids, fans in the stands and CAMERAS AROUND THE TRACK" not number plates and tweaking the electronic packages $2500... stupid.. :down:

18. caferace

caferace No.

Perhaps it's more the riders, teams and team supporters who are worried about colored number plates, for a rule that probably put fifteen minutes to put together and takes hardly any time or money for a competitor to comply with.

My .02

-jim

19. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

I agree with Jim on my comments. I think the rule is ok (as I stated). It allows the untrained eye (or not paying attention eye) - easy to identify different classes. I just think ugly but very effective.
    My comment was shedding light on "why does everyone care so much"? And shut up about it and focus on the real issues.
    Did I mention road racing world pictures and most ads were still in black and white print in 2000?

20. I agree with that. We had a similar discussion on another forum about that same topic last week.

My first bike ever was a Gixxer and my first track bike was a Gixxer. My first 1k was a Gixxer. I am not brand biased, but i do have a "soft spot" for Suzuki's.

BUT, i havent owned a Suzuki since i got rid of my 750 race bike a few years ago. And i won't own another one until they come out with something besides Bold New Graphics. When they come out with something that makes me think "that is BADASS, I have GOT to get one of those"...i will buy one.

If you want people to spend their money on your shit, you have to give them a reason to want to do so. The S1000RR, the 2011 ZX-10 (even the new ZX6R), the RSV4, the Panigale are all bikes that make people think "that is a badass bike...i need to get me one...".

What has Suzuki, or Honda, or even Yamaha came out with since 2006 that makes people say that? Nothing. I agree, it is the "chicken or the egg" situation. People need to buy bikes for them to have money to invest in new shit...but people aren't going to buy bikes if you don't come out with new shit.