KX60 Back Up On The Block

Discussion in 'General' started by rwood64083, Oct 28, 2013.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Lance Yeager is the KX60 raffle winner. Lance has been racing WERA for quite a few years and took this last year off. He typically (correct me if I'm wrong Lance) raced vintage and holds quite a few titles.

When I informed him of his winnings he graciously suggested I sell the bike at the track (Barber) and put the money towards the funds to help Joe Pomeroy. Unfortunately I had already left the track and Susan and I were headed back towards Nashville.

So there we have it. The KX60 is up for sale/auction to the highest bidder. I know there were quite a few people very interested in it during the GNF. Wish I had a couple of these to give away. Everyone was very kind in their ticket purchases.

If you didn't catch the info in the 'Sticky' at the top of the General Section pertaining to the Raffle To Help Joe Pomeroy, here's a run down on the bike:
    1999 Kawasaki KX60
    Bike is in really good shape for the age.
    New O-ring chain installed.
    Carburetor bowl pulled and jets checked/cleaned last weekend.
    Filled up with fresh fuel.
    Typically starts on less than a full kick.

I was cruising it around the paddock on Saturday but had to keep it low keyed. Even with stock exhaust it's a bit loud and stupid fast for the size.

Whomever wishes to bid and if you end up with it, we'll figure out something with shipping. There are enough of us here we can help each other out with getting this bike to it's new home.

Who wants to start the bidding?

AND... thank you Lance for donating the bike back to have it sold so we can increase the funds we can get to Joe and his family. Very selfless :up:

2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Tell me when the guy wants on sell the poster! Hahahaha

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Lance is a good dude.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

$250

When's the bidding over?

5. Triple R 50

Triple R 50 Well-Known Member

6. rwood64083

I don't have a specific time in-mind.

Suggestions? Halloween or through the weekend? I'm open to option.

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

8. Tiffanator

Tiffanator Z1000 Chicky

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I shoulda rode the thing there. I wanted to get it for the Mrs and the kiddo. But I am afraid of the two stroke being a death trap.

10. rwood64083

You wouldn't think a little 60 two smoke would be that fast. Lucky I didn't foul out a plug cruising around the paddock but couldn't really open it up. Didn't feel like busting my head open while not wearing a helmet... I'm kind of a sissy.

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You'll be surprised how quick the kid adapts to the two stroke powerband. Nothing better for teaching throttle control.

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ Exactly!! Hence the reason I said I shoulda rode it. I got on my friends once. It was like, ahhhh yeah this is a cool little bike.. Then..

Hey lets give it a little Thrrrroooooooooooooottttlllleeeee..... Chriissttttt!!

Sky..
    Road.
    Shift.
    Sky
    Road.
    Shift.

Shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt............... Hehehehehehe yeah!!

Came back shaking my head at the death trap I just got off of! While laughing the whole time. Turns out my big ass needs to sit a little closer to the front.

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'll let you take my RM370 for a spin sometime. It goes from "this isn't half as fast as they said" to "Oh my god I can see Jesus!" in a heartbeat.

14. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

When my Nephew was doing the 50ccMX thing I put together a KX60 with a Berg racin auto clutch so that he could get used to the heavier bikes.

The thing was an absolute hoot to ride around on in the pits. He couldnt get used to chopping the throttle to upshift so i stuck it in 3rd gear and removed the shifter. Even in 3rd that little thing would pull my 200+ lb but up some fairly steep hills and still go way faster than I reallt wanted to go on those little wheels.

Even after we moved him up to the 65CC bikes I kept the little 60 around for other kids to ride and occasionally race. Finally sold it in 2005 or so and te clutch was doing fine after 4 years of constant abuse.

A quick search shows that Berg is no longer in business, but if someone else is doing an autoclutch for the 60 it can tame the beast without killing the fun.

15. Triple R 50

375 and end it now

16. rwood64083

Would like to end it now but for Joe's sake we'll leave it up for a couple more days.

On the upside... if the high bidder is somewhere 4 or 5 hours of Nashville, I'll gladly load the bike an meet you halfway :cool:

ps... Susan said she'd shoot both of us if I got rid of her '68. Not to mention, Stickboy would probably help her. Not sure how it happened but he's kind of the car's godfather or he's in the will or something like that.

17. rwood64083

We'll be ending the bike sale on Friday night at midnight.

Will contact the high bidder Saturday afternoon and see if we can figure out something on shipping. I don't mind driving a couple hours to meet the new owner with the bike.

Happy Halloween :cool:

18. rwood64083

Don't happen to live in the Birmingham area do you?

19. Triple R 50

Yes but if your coming down 59 I am 30 min from the crossville exit

20. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

That pit bike does NOT have 194HP!