1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jordan motorsports is all over

Discussion in 'General' started by Hate McDead, Oct 27, 2013.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Neutered bikes is not why the AMA is losing teams and/or fans

It is money pure and simple. Takes money to run race teams, and without that the best promoters I. The world would struggle to be successful. And let's face it, DMG does not seem to rank as a top level promoter. IMHO

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I see you still have a moronic thought process regarding successful racing in America.

3. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Talk to me about the recent success of Superbike racing in America.

4. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

I don't see it as successful, but i also don't see how Jordan's input had anything to so with the current state of it.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I was actually pointing out your moronic posts regarding the cause is the lack of the super duper bikes that even Yosh couldn't afford to race anymore.

You seem to think the average fan cares if their favorite rider has 220 hp over 200.

You think the average fan cares if their favorite racer has trick swing arms.

Same line of thinking when you talk about Motogp.

You're living in fantasy land yet never truly experienced a race bike, much less trying to fund a team.

Now go add on many many more thousands of dollars just to have a "proper" Superbike.

SMH

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Jordan WAS one of the most vocal detractors of the old superbike rules and ultimately did get his way with the DMG leadership change and the bikes going back to more commercially available parts.

What they didn't expect was that between the downturn in the economy and the uncertainty brought on by the poor leadership at DMG.Sponsors were afraid to dump money into the series and only one manufacturer went all in.

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

:stupid: with Robby that is.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I hope Beaubier doesn't stick around in the US for too long.

9. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

He's getting paid to race here. That's more than a lot of guys in various World Championship Series and non-U.S. National Series can say.

World Superbikes are headed to a spec lower than U.S. Superbikes now run. Most National Superbike Series are now running FIM Superstock rules or close to them because they couldn't get a halfway decent grid running bikes built to World Superbike or even pre-2009 AMA Pro-type rules.

The problem is finding enough money to fund a program. Fewer races and less TV exposure isn't gonna help. The AMA Pro series being slow to contain or reduce costs to suit the altered sponsorship landscape didn't help.

A guy getting paid well to race in any series, would be crazy to try to go someplace else now. The money problem is worldwide.

10. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

I highly agree. I know everyone wants to race in the best of the best series and it's painfully obvious that AMA is not that...but, why not ride a badass factory SBK with a great team and hone your skills on a big bike without having to learn new tracks? I don't hate Cam at all for staying and running ASB. Don't question it at all actually.

11. SlowFart

SlowFart Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that Eslick and EBR parted on amicable enough terms that he may be joining them in WSBK.

But it's a buyer's market for riders and EBR will likely have a number of talented riders to choose from. It may be question of bike experience vs, track experience and which EBR considers more desirable.

12. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

I'm surprised he stayed around this long. He can spot a losing proposition when he sees one. I go to the opening round at Daytona every year. The stands look like a high school swim meet. One look at that is all it takes to realize this series is going nowhere. If he needed more evidence he could have simply observed the TV debacle from this year.

I was really hoping he would go to World Superbikes, especially after their little adventure at Laguna, but I guess not.

13. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

With Jordan Motorsports and EBR gone, I have to wonder who the major Superbike players that are left?

Graves Yamaha
    Yosh Suzuki
    KTM
    M4
    Pegram

I know there must be more.........

Oh yea, Johnny Rock Page

14. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

sucks.. definitely a sad state of affairs.

15. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

They'll be lucky to have more than 10 bikes on the Superbike grid next year.

The teams just need to agree not participate and let AMA die so something can take it's place...

It's like pulling off a bandaid, just get it over with.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What is going to take it's place? Who has the millions to start a pro series from scratch? ASRA was a failure, motost was a failure. The FIM isn't going to sink millions into the US without a strong partner (and I doubt they would anyways).

They should hire mojo nixon 'cause AMA pro could use some fixin'

17. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I think I'm with you on this one. What's the point in running a SB series for 2 Yamahas and Cardenas. DSB grids were painfully small this year too. Maybe time to just let it die and start over when the economic situation is getting better.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

ADR is the only other regular top 10 that I can think of.

I wonder if Celtic will still be around without Jordan support next year.

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

This just sucks big time...........

20. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Has it actually been stated that Jordan is out? I could be wrong but seems like there's a lot of speculation as usual,especially from people who aren't even involved in the series........I could be wrong but I just don't see Jordan bailing.