Best Comedian...

Discussion in 'General' started by Tdub, Oct 12, 2013.

1. LonnieC

LonnieC Member

best comedian

Christopher Titus and Amy Shumer for current

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Anybody ever heard of Arnez J?

Might go see him in a couple weeks at a funny bone.

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Late to the party on this one.

Best- Mitch Hedburg, RIP.

John Caparulo is up there too.

4. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Ron White

5. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Just saw Dave Chapel a few weeks ago. Funny, but considering he's had like five years to work on his act, it was a bit disappointing. Delivery is just too slow, very low joke per hour ratio ;-) Much better on TV.

Saw Charlie Murphy at Carolines; same thing, took FOREVER to get a story or joke out. I think both of these guys smoke way too much pot before their shows. Murphy was funny, but his opening act blew him away.

Greg Giraldo would have gotten 20 jokes/stories out before Chapel finished his first.

Saw Amy Shumer last year in a small club. Holy crap that's one dirty girl; she's holding WAY back on TV.

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

When Kat Williams was on his game he was funny as hell

Dave chappelle could improv anyone under the bus

George carlin made you think and laugh

Jamie foxx was a really good stand up back in the day. YouTube his "prince" experience

Dennis Leary was great with all the anger

7. MRA828

MRA828 Well-Known Member

for pure offensive humor... I really like Anthony Jeselnik.

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Louis CK has been my favorite current comedian for a few years now, especially his brilliant show on FX. I'm sorry, but there is just no comedic show on television that comes close to it.

It can move so quickly from utterly hilarious to downright uncomfortable in such a small period of time. I was hooked from episode 1, but amazed at the heights it hit with this scene alone.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-55wC5dEnc

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That guy's a total douche. He's not even funny. He just tries to inject the most offensive bullshit he can think of into lame scenarios.

10. MRA828

MRA828 Well-Known Member

Different strokes. I think he's funny as hell.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Big plus 1's on Richard Pryor and Jerry Clower. Eddie Izzard anyone? Ciao!

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I have a hard time finding what she does funny. Most of the time it's just disgusting.

13. caferace

caferace No.

Eddie Izzard. :bow:

The problem is, some people don't get him because they simply aren't smart enough. :D

-jim

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Izzard is hilarious. I was going to add him earlier but my phone was being a bitch. Does he still do standup? He's been doing serious movie and tv work for the last several years.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Louis CK is my favorite. I kind of get a kick out of G-Lo and Bill Burr too.

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes he does. We caught him earlier this year in NYC at some teensy place where he was trying out new material for a new show...note to self, look into, he should be rolling it out right about nowish...

17. caferace

caferace No.

Yup. He's doing a show this Sunday in Edinburgh in fact.

That'd be Scotland, for those who don't know. :D

-jim

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Just watched a comedy special with Trevor Noah...and actual Black (well 1/2 black) man from South Africa...his take on moving to the USA is absolutely hilarious. His take on the term African/American will bust your gut. Definitely worth watching and funny as hell.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I used to go see Dennis Leary years ago at small clubs in Boston, he used to appear with Lenny Clarke all the time.

20. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Bob Newhart. Listen to his anthology of his best bits " Something like this..........." . Genius.