1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KX60 Build/Info

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by rwood64083, Aug 31, 2013.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I'm back to thinking of putting the KX60 on the track. Got a few questions for those all-knowing minis racers. I tried looking up some info in the rulebook but am confused (no surprise there).

What class(s) do I run it in?
    Is there a distinction between stock and built bikes (minis)?
    The class it is legal in, would it be competitive?
    What do you do for a catch pan under the engine?
    Any over heating issues with a small two stroke being wound out for long periods of time?

What size rims do I need to acquire and where would I find them?
    How in the world do you set up suspension on something that small for someone in the 135-140 lbs range?
    Or do I just tighten up the suspension and hope for the best?

:cool:

2. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

suberbike 50 is up to 65cc 2 strokes so even with a small bore job it would still fit.

it would run with most all the bikes in that class

in the past the minis have been given a little leadway on the belly pan, but a catch can is a good idea.

you want to find a set of 12" rims, thats about the only size with good tire choices

stiffer springs and oil up front and yes tighten up the rear.

3. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

I have a set of 12" supermoto wheels for a kx I also have tires. Wheels are blue rims stock hubs respoked. Has rotors and sprocket. $350 for wheels and $150 for tires which are almost new. Over $225 new for tires.

4. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Oh wow! I wish I could take you up on the offer. I chose to donate the bike to drum up funds and help out a fellow racer that crashed and is currently a paraplegic http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=310852

If I come up with another bike, and you still have wheels, I'll get a hold of you. Thanks for the offer :up: