1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proposed/Hypothetical 2014 WERA National Sprint Series Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bummer. It's tough to go far from your core group of riders, I remember when they had major issues drawing at Hallett too. There are a lot of fees NOLA charges the riders and we're working on that.

2. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

NOLA
    Tally
    Willow Springs
    Sears Point
    Road America
    Grattan
    NJMP
    Miller
    Barber
    Daytona

Seems pretty "National" to me . . . ;)

3. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

I wish.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The May event in Barber should be a combined regional/national with an endurance.

5. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Are all the Nationals combined with regional events?

6. alan

alan Well-Known Member

What is the average amount of races that a racer enters per weekend? 200x3? 600 Entries?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  7. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

I'm jumping on this horse late but like it.

Would love to have some Ntl races up north.

If the $$ is right Mid-O would be a must.

8. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Sean is right about ESS, big turnouts are Barber, Tally, RA. The rest can be rather thin....

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed. Nationals have been thinner at most tracks compared to regionals, as long as I can remember. Although nowadays, it's hard to tell the difference between that and a regional. Good to have them combined as many are today, for sure.

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Do you guys have numbers on how many racers actually do the entire series?

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I hate to hear that. Caleb and I really enjoyed CMRA's Nola round this year.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2.5-3 on overage. So yeah 5-600 entries.

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Nationals up North are tough... Always have been. If it rains the attendance drops like nowhere else. Tough gamble really.

I am in Indiana and prefer the tracks to the south because they tend to be nicer and offer more creature comforts.

14. alan

alan Well-Known Member

The last 3 events at NJMP CCS has had an average of 600 entries.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you also have a fairly large concentration of people there too. (NY, NJ, CT, PA, & MD)

16. ped

ped Banned

If rain is a big consideration then aim to make the 2-3 north rounds in aug-sept when it rains the least.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not surprised, LRRS is an affiliate.

18. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Certainly not the number that used to 10 - 15 years ago, but that's the same for everyone. But we still have a decent number of racers who do the whole series, and a larger number who are willing to make a cross country trip for a premier event like the Barber Vintage Festival.

19. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I was looking forward to it as well since that would have been the closest CMRA race to me now by far.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually ran the numbers and keeping costs as low as we can get them it'd take right under 600 entries to just pay the bills. That's a huge gamble. But we are looking at it.