Kershaw Krunch (CMS)

Discussion in 'General' started by Happytrack604, Jul 23, 2000.

1. Happytrack604

Happytrack604 Well-Known Member

What fun! I boo-boo on exit to 14 Friday practice. I practiced and raced clubman Sat.
    Was right behind Charlie90 when he lowsided in Sat practice! It was a beautiful slide exept he got hurt! Sorry Charlie! Tom (Wera122) collected some sand with his honda too.
    I left Sat. night so tell me how Sunday went. I had a great time meeting you guys and Tom is THE meister-broiler! Rob

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

That was Charlie, eh?

Well, I decided to jump in, and high sided out of 14 in the second session on Saturday. Thanks to Steve Reeves and Traxxion Max and the boys for heatin and pressin my rearset back into the approximate original shape, and to Tech Guy for sellin my a clutch lever for me TLR.

Glad I bought the Bohn back protector. Held gloves are awesome: verified now that I've finally crashed on 'em.

I ran the B superstock race on Sat. Sorry to everyone in whose way I was: I withdrew from the rest of the races and went home 'cuz of how my body was/is feelin. Sure as hell couldn't run hard.

To whoever it was that held up the "relax" pit board: thanks, but I were hurtin real good.

3. Happytrack604

Happytrack604 Well-Known Member

Amen to tha hurtin! I was going to run 3 Sat and maybe one Sunday, but puttin on the leathers over sprains, abrasions, and a broken pinky finger tip hurt too much! I had to do at least one race so I wouldn't lock up though! I learned some humility and not to trust cheap air gauges! (rear tire was 5lb high) Thanks to the corner worker who picked up my pieces and pointed the right direction to the pits! Rob [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

Is it a requirement when you borrow my bike, you have to just throw it on the deck. Join the club with Joby Wan. Now you want me to fix it also, it would be my pleasure.

5. wera917

wera917 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the get-off, they suck!

We had a good weekend, turnout was a bit light Sunday, lighter than I expected, but those that did turn up to race, came to RACE! We had some great battles, Tray Batey not only broke but shattered the lap record (was 1.3660, is now something like 1.349!)

Personally it was a bitter-sweet weekend, while I did well (First novice Sat HW Twins, 2nd novice Sun HW Twins), all my buds had terrible weekends. Arron was behind a fellow whose FI cut out coming out of T7 (bike died) and Arron hit him in the back and fell (he's OK, bike is semi-ok, but RC51's don't crash well due to the side radiator design). Ed's bike had some kind of fuel related failure - he finished, but could only cruise about the track to collect points. And Randy's throttle stuck open down the front straght in practice and he went down very hard, he's not critical but he is busted up pretty bad. So my good luck paled in comparison.

6. Janie McCommons

Janie McCommons Well-Known Member

7. wera122

wera122 Guest

MUCH better than Saturday, which was an 11th in 600SB, DNF in F1, DNS in 750SB(due to DNF in F1) No crashes, 7th in 600SB and 6th in 750SB. Sat night was spend repairing crash damage and Sun am I took off the rains and put DOT's back on as it stayed dry all day.

Next time I get new leathers I'm going to roll around on the ground and in the dirt before I take them to the track! [​IMG]

8. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

hey tom glad to hear that you got it back together for sunday. glad to hear you did so good on sun.your last words before the formula1 race I'm going to take it easy
    you did take it easy after three laps so easy you just stood there. [​IMG] and I waved to you as I went by. that had to suck. but you turned it around for sunday congrats
    oh yeah thanks for the cook out it was great
    thanks Ricky

9. Kris18

Kris18 Guest

That was cold Ricky. I thought about Tom that race also as he blew by me in the kink with his rains tires but so unluckily fell in turn two. I wondered why they didnt move out of the impact zone after his crash. He and the cornerworker stood there shooting the shit all race looking over Tom's bike. I thought that was funny.

10. cb500

tom's riding is getting alot better
    he always dogs me' I have to give him the same
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Hey Kris, You should have stuck around. I did pretty good in the 750 Super race. I tried to email you but there is no email button on your post, but I had some questions about setup as I am dragging my left case pretty regularly. I ran 7 of 8 laps in the super race in the 42's but on lap four or so I lowsided on the case in the last lefthander (the left after the kink) but saved it on my knee and regained the front. What a ride but I was worried about it for the rest of the race. I was dragging the case in St Louis and went up four turns on the ride height (Penske shock) but I am afraid to go to much and decrease the trail so much the front wants to tuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

12. wera122

wera122 Guest

The front brakes were seized for some unknown reason and we couldn't move the bike. The grass was wet, the sand was deep and there was just no moving the bike.

I bled the brakes Sat night and they were fine Sunday. Still don't know why they locked up. Maybe that's what made me crash. I don't know for sure.

I sure had fun passing you in the kink and almost running the cones over the in process. It's probably the only time I'll pass you this year so let me enjoy it for a while, m-kay? [​IMG]

13. Kris18

Kris18 Guest

I wish you wouldn't have fallen. I'd like have seen you kick some ass. As for me, me and Rick had a front row view of all the action driving around Miss Daisy. I knew there was probably a reason you hung there in the gravel. I was just bustin' your chops.

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

I wish I wouldn't have fallen either, but everything happens for a reason. I learned how to fix a bunch of different stuff on my bike this weekend.

I wouldn't even have raced if it wasn't for Steve Breckenridge helping me with my forks Friday morning. He's a great guy.

I really wanted to kick some ass in that race and thought I was doing pretty well until the crash. But it was cool having a front row seat for the rest of the race and it was really nice of you guys to wave at me each lap. I felt so special! [​IMG]

15. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

See what happens when you show up with new, clean stuff. I told you we should have drove the truck down pit road and you jump out with your leathers on. Glad to hear that you are okay though. Well, I have put the visa to work and will ahve a new front end for Savanah. Thanks for the help from everyone that came by to help out and especially to Wren Smith for the room and board and for the forks, and to Ricky for the lower clamp, Traxxion for trying to straighten the bent clamps. Sure wish I could have been in the races with you guys. Tom thanks for the food, it was great. See you all in Savenah

16. cb500

hey steve no problem. it was sad when you could not race its sucks when your there and can't race. the same thing happened to me at road a. glad to hear that you are getting it back together for savanna.see you at savanna
    oh yeah tell the family I said hey
    later Ricky

17. wera122

wera122 Guest

I'll have the grill at Savannah too and I'll be camping out, so look me up again Steve. And tell your wife she'll have an even harder time telling us apart now cause I got some new blue bodywork from Ricky that I'll be sporting at Savannah.

With any luck they'll score me wrong (as in where you finish) and I'll make sure to thank you when I'm on the podium! [​IMG]

18. cb500