1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

East vs. West coast WERA racing

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott Swensgard, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

For me East Coast versus Southeast is just a detail. Its all 2500+ miles away.

2. MRA828

MRA828 Well-Known Member

www.mra-racing.org

Currently we run 3 tracks within a 2 hr drive of Denver - High Plains Raceway (2 configurations), Pueblo Motorsports Park and Pikes Peak International Raceway.

2014 schedule is already released.

Miller is 8hrs. 8-12ish for CMRA in Texas.

I may be biased - but it's a great, friendly and competitive club. And we don't tend to have hecklers shouting at you from the fenceline if you blow a motor or anything... :)

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

So you're not committing at this point then, I take it.

:)

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

BlackMountain,

It would be interesting to reach out to the Herrin family. I understand they used to live in S. Cal, some years back before we ever got involved in racing. Not sure if they moved to the SE for racing or other reasons?

If I were to live anywhere just for the benefit of my kids racing, S. Cal isn't bad, but I think I would move to the SE or possibly Texas? Both places have a bunch of racing and more economical housing.

Gasoline was only $3.09 a gallon in Dallas/Ft Worth this past weekend, yet it is $3.89 by my house. Let alone politics, taxes, etc.......but hey the weather sure is nice LOLOLOL,

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I have family in Charleston.....I've long considered dropping my crap off there and flying in for SE rounds. :)

But yes no commitment at this time. Need some sponsors. :crackup:

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Bwhahaha!! :crackup:

BTW: I'm from Aurora, Co....at least that is where I was born.

7. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

nope: no racing in AZ of which I'm aware. been some fragmented buzz about things getting going again at firebird, but talk is cheap. the az folks have been getting their fix at cvma, from what i can gather....

vince
    :D

8. MAZZ77X

MAZZ77X Well-Known Member

Move to Jersey!!! Sounds funny huh.......

8 tracks with in an 8hr drive and NJMP as your home base with 2 nice big tracks and the best mini racing in the country. Ice riding in the winter 2hrs away and some great MX and Flat tracks as well.....

9. Thanks rob, I have wondered and suspected the same. I will talk to Josh and family at the next round in a couple of weeks at MGKT. There will be a supermoto event there and maybe some endurance racing.. the weekend before the GNF. To add to the choices today I found out I have a shot at a company spot in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Detroit.. oh well, bigger bucks anyway and I'm only 4 years from retirement. We have a renter in our house here in Georgia with a new 5 year lease. Yamaha pays the bill. That would make WERA/CCS/USGPRU doable easy. Trying to balance seat time/family/job... and get off the road for a living. Ten years on the road is enough. Any tips on the Detroit area out there? I know im asking for it..:rolleyes: