Hanging it up and selling (almost) everything

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by tcurrin, May 1, 2012.

1. tcurrin

tcurrin Well-Known Member

Hello,

I just got back from a trip during which I contemplated and then made a decision about my future and racing. It is time for me to hang it up. I intend to finish a Honda 350 project I've got going with Charlie Y and maybe do a track day or two with it, but that's it. Racing has been fun and I'll miss it, but it is time.

To that end, if you know someone who is interested in buying a very well prepared RD (thanks to Lyn Garland) with lots of spares, then please have them contact me at this email address. I'd rather not part out the bike since I think it can be a winner as it is built and would like to see someone racing it. If you need any other parts, then shoot me an email with what you need and if I have it I'll make you a great deal.

Thanks,
    Tom
    770-823-7140
    lowerla210-racing at yahoo dot com

Here are the details on the bike. I'll take $3500 for everything.

RD400 frame and swingarm
    RD350 wheels front and back with correct spacers and 520 chain conversion
    Works performance shocks
    Progressive fork springs and emulators sprung 190 lb rider
    Swarbrick pipes,
    Penton ignition
    34mm carbs with spacers and boost tube
    cylinders are one over and ported by me with Lyn looking over my shoulder
    heads were done by Ritter
    I had planned on doing another season before redoing the bottom end
    rearsets fabricated from SV650 parts and regular (not gp) shifting
    EGT's
    quarter fairing
    TZ-G seat and tail painted by Dave Hurst
    Included is a complete set of jets and a complete gasket kit, a couple of spare wheels.

I also have a complete stock top end with 5 races on it including 28mm carbs, intake manifolds, 2 into 1 air cleaner, throttle, etc. which is 4 over and stock porting which I will include.

“Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.”

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  2. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Damn....Tom,I know that hanging out with Charlie Young can drive a man dumb and crazy....but....to hang it up......what next no beer or sex.................maybe you need to drink a few and re-think about it..;)

3. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

sad to hear you're hanging it up Tom

...but damn the havoc i could wreak with $3500. :eek:

good luck to you and with the sale.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I was bummed when Tom told me, especially after Tally last year, where he crashed pretty hard at the start, got the bike up, got it running and finished the race.....tells me he's still got it.:up:

Good seeing you friday Tom. That motor went together pretty nice.

Tom's has my old chassis with the long fiberglass tank, etc...750 front end...should turn out pretty decent.

Hate to see ya go Tom, but glad you are keeping the CB.

5. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Did you sell all of this? If not, I was wondering if the spare top end would be sold seperate.

6. tcurrin

I need to post some pics as requested by several of you. I'll get on it today.

7. tcurrin

Some pics

Her's some pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  8. tcurrin

Price lowered to $3000 for everything.

9. tcurrin

No takers? Lots of extra parts for that price in addition to the race ready bike.

10. tcurrin

Bike is no longer available.

11. tcurrin

Bike and parts are available again. Bike without spares is $2500. I thought I was going to get back to doing some track days or an occasional race but it isn't going to happen.

Email or pm me what you need and I'll see what I have. Getting rid of everything either as a package or separately. Will consider parting out and will consider atrade for a cool street bike. Let me know what you've got. An F3 or SV street-as in never been on the track ever-might be nice. Offering things to WERA folks first before going on fleabay.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  12. tcurrin

Everything is sold.

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Congrats

14. BikerRoni

BikerRoni Well-Known Member

You wouldnt happen to be selling a bike lift?

15. tcurrin

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Hey Tom, thanks again for helping me out at Tally a few years ago. :up: