Seeley 7R For Sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by yox, Sep 19, 2013.

1. yox

yox Member

This bike is a Collin Seeley framed AJS 7R 83mm bore short stroke. This is a fairly well known bike in the AHRMA paddock ridden by Bruce Yoxsimer and campaigned to 3 National Championships. With 5 Daytona wins and countless wins around the country, this is a very competitive machine.
    You can check it out more closely at

byox88.wix.com/seeley-7r

where I have pics, specs and videos
    Some quick specs.

83mm Short Stroke motor
    Cronshaw magneto/Ignition
    Summerfield 6 speed
    Manx rear
    Fontana 180mm front

Of course the bike has a full spares kit including several pistons, valves, ignition, full rack of gearing and jetting. Detailed records and tuning notes. Head was just done mid season 2012. New seats, guides valves, etc. Piston was done at the same time, so essentially this bike is ready to roll. I will provide a new set of race rubber for the new owner. There are a lot of really trick bit that I will be happy to discuss in person. This is not an inexpensive motorcycle. It is essentially a factory GP bike from the early '60's. If you would like to discuss any details, please call me at 650 773-nine7four0
    It is a joy to ride and will make you a better racer. No question

Attached Files:

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Holy frikkin crap...where is the "slobbering-while-tripping-over-my-tongue" icon.:bow:

Beautiful bike.:up:

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

A beautiful bike, well ridden and cared for. The real deal. I tried to fold myself up on it once, . . . back when I was somewhat more limber . . . . I could not fit on it, and once I forced my legs into position, I could not move or operate any controls and my knees were well above my elbows. Needless to say, it was not a bike for a 6'-2", 205 lb, 50+ year old fart who had years of beating up knees and ankles and shoulders. But, if you want a bona fide race bike capable of winning at any level in vintage racing, this is one place to look.

Cheers,

Dave

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

If I had Wayne Moore's money I'd buy that:)...beautiful bike, ironic thing is I can remember when you couldn't give them away.

5. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

beautiful bike. has it ever finished in front of dave roper in a race?

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Very sexy

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Yes it has. Bruce & Dave have had numerous excellent races. One of them would have to provide details as to where, when, what happened and didn't happen and why. But, as a spectator, it was good entertainment.

Cheers,

Dave

8. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

That's just crazy talk...........and you must be older than dirt...:Poke:

I'm like Charlie, I've drooled over that bike for years. If I had Robins money I'd just burn mine.

9. CharlieY

OK, its settled then......

Davids buying it and I'll help out by riding it.:up:

Hey, its the least I can do.:rolleyes:

Hey Dave, My torque technician is on Vacation. I'll get your wrench calibrated next week, K?

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I'll buy it with the excess funds Doug will have from supplying Ducati 250/350 race bikes for $4,000. Because I do not fit on the thing, the bike will be made available for 4-stroke vintage riders to sample and enjoy and improve their riding skills (Bruce promised the bike would make us all better riders . . . ). Afficiandos of the evil empire (2 strokes) need not apply (Charles, this means you). However, in order to promote Doug's business and the resurgence of 250/350 Ducati's in the paddock, the bike will not be allowed to race for points in WERA Vintage.

Charlie - that's fine. Just let me know what works best for you.

Cheers,

Dave

11. CharlieY

Hey...as long as Yox gets paid by someone and I get to ride it....were all good.:up::D

I'll stop my babbling....awsome bike....good luck with the sale and hope it doesnt go somewhere where we will no longer get to see it on the track.:up:

12. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

Awesome bike for sure!

Hey Charley.....Let's buy some lottery tickets and when we win..... we will own that baby.

You can ride it until my back is healed up all the way next year.

Or we could just build a fleet of CB 350s so everybody could ride.:up:

13. CharlieY

Ummmm....thanx James, I think :confused: :D

14. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

I was given the wonderful opportunity to ride this bike (thanks, Bruce) a couple of years ago, and can say with authority it is all that you might think, and then some. It runs so well, and flicks like none other. As mentioned, Bruce and Roper have had some spectacular duels in the 350GP class with Bruce riding this bike.

I had pointed out this video clip to Bruce and Dave some time ago, showing them put some good but quick camera time in a video taken by then-new AHRMA racer Ricky Pearson, at Barber a couple of years ago.

See here at about 6:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=caKdcZFI1BY

You will see Rope come by on Mike Bungay's Aermacchi, then Yox on the aforementioned 7R immediately following.

I wish this bike would remain in Bruce's capable hands, but expect it'll go to a good home. Maybe I'll buy it with Roper's cash.

15. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Serious bike, very fast, prime piece of machinery, sorry to see Yox sell it.

16. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I think Bruce went with the current paint job so Roper could see him in Turn 1
    and keep from running in to him! Banzai!:crackup:

17. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Yes- I would like this bike as well. Our Honda's feel like a plastic toy compared to the chassis compliance of a Seely 7R or Manx. Bruce is a first class rider and has maintained a very capable machine- hoping we get to see it on track a
    lot!

18. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.....could make an interesting change of pace.

Wait, I already have the A1 and F9 projects underway for the change of pace in the GP classes.

Decisions, decisions. ;)

19. charles

charles The Transporter

You've got more projects going than Obama has drone strikes.

20. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Holy Crap! New front runner bikes for GP350 and 500?!