1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Endurance Proposal... (for those that don't ever visit the Endurance Forum)

Discussion in 'General' started by couch, Sep 16, 2013.

1. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Did you even type that with a straight face? How can you say that you haven't seen any suggestions. There are two current threads that have numerous suggestions that will help your organization better market themselves.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not being condescending, I'm being blunt if anything. The answers are the same either situation, not sure why you're getting mad at them on here. Maybe it's the public setting where you don't like me saying that just telling us "better marketing" isn't a viable solution, dunno but it's not. It's not even a suggestion really. Specific suggestions are great but don't get pissed if I say we've done them and they didn't work. New suggestions and ideas do get tried, we didn't do double headers before, they work, we'll keep doing them, as one example.

We truly appreciate you an all of our other supporters. No other organizations are growing any more or less than we are right now. That may be your perception but it is not true. WERA is not shrinking even if we are consolidating events. There flat out is no hemorrhaging. We are doing fine and we are looking at the things we HAVE tried that were new the last couple of years to see what worked and what didn't. Your entire perception that there is something majorly wrong with WERA right now is just not true. We have made calls like this in the past and it always sucks, but that is where our experience and the 35 years plus of experience you make fun of comes into play. Just like it did at NOLA in totally different circumstances. There is a reason WERA has been run by one person longer than any other existing organization and survived, that same person made this call and because of that, WERA will be around a hell of a lot longer.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Obviously not, please list them out.

4. K Kling

I am not mad. I am providing feedback on what my observations are. You may not like the feedback, but that doesn't mean that I am mad at you or WERA. If I were mad at you or WERA I would not be racing with you. And I certainly would not have approached you at NOLA last weekend to discuss an issue I have witnessed on here and think could be improved upon. I truly want to see WERA grow.

I am disappointed and concerned over the lack of entries at the double header National races last weekend, so maybe that is why I am vocal about what I perceive as issues.

5. K Kling

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

You were heavily involved in both threads!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I obviously missed the great marketing suggestions, please list them.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You were saying I'm condescending and saying that what we're doing is wrong. I didn't take that as you being happy happy happy with us for some reason.

NOLA wasn't a bad turnout at all for a track so far away from everything else. National turnout is always low given the travel and expense involved, that's why those events are combined with Sportsman events. It makes the series viable for us and the riders. It was a great event and a profitable one and we are extremely happy with how it turned out. We don't go into a brand new venue like NOLA expecting Barber turnouts, that'll never happen.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I like you guys, and really love being able to run an endurance series, but a model that results in a cancellation at - 6 days loses a lot of credibility. It's not like you couldn't have researched the potential conflict that was apparently at the root of the cancellation. That's simply not doing due diligence.

I need to reconsider whether it is worth the risks given that it seems the above scenario is a real possibility. The cancellation tanked our entire effort at a championship, and now my team isn't even interested in running the last round.

I've got more to say, but it's going in a private letter to Evelyne.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't disagree and thanks for letting her know.

10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You start with updating your homepage. No, I'm not whoever the hell you think I am. I know next to nothing about web design, but I know I could google shit and improve it in about 2 hours. I will tell you what I am. I am a first year racer with WERA that chose you guys over CCS because you guys offered more events closer to home. For this year, at least.

Yes, your homepage falls under marketing. It's 2013. People primarily use the internet for infor nowadays. Adapt the organization to reflect this. It's not particularly newbie friendly at all. Yes, to us who know where to go it's easy, but ask someone [Who is new to the website] to find out when the next race is at soandsotrack. You would be surprised at the results. I've never talked to ONE person (WERA racer or not) that's said "WERA's webpage is super easy to navigate".

Update the damn text for online pre-registration. "This is still in the works/working out the bugs/blah blah". The shit works fine every time. Update it.

Ping your sponsers for new damn ads. The guys from STG probably thought I was retarded when I asked for the 2 for 1 Hotbodies kit. So if they've paid for their advertisments for the year, ask for new updated ads. Not hard at all.

I don't know what got dated first, this VIR shin dig or WERA's Summit event, but event cancellations make people (inlcuding me) weary to request time off work to drive x amount of hours to race. Why should I bother if there's a chance it's going to get cancelled again [November Summit event]? I don't see numbers behind the closed doors, and I don't know how much you guys *thought* you might lose, but cancelling the event did a damn fine job of ensuring you lost everything.

From an outsider looking in on this topic of endurances, you look like a naive, lazy fucking turd. "Oh, we've tried everything with marketing". You seem completely unreceptive to any kind of criticism. Quit being complacent, and do something to help benefit both WERA and the number of riders on the grid.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's what Valentino Rossi thought too. :D

12. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Keep your head on a swivel Mongo!

Chill Cyber Bullys :crackup: ;)

13. Did you have to go there?

You know I am by no means in any place to give anybody shit about a potty mouth. But that was uncalled for, especially in a post that appeared very well thought out, well written and actually seemed very constructive.

There is a time and place for everything. That post was actually the kind of posts that can help. You were on a really good roll with that post, until that shit at the end.

You have been here long enough to know how Mongo is going to react to that. I would react the same way to it. So whatever positive influence might have been forthcoming from your suggestions, totally went to shit with the name calling. I know Mongo can be a doodie head. I have called him a doodie head several times. But I will at least finish a complete, constructive post. Then make a separate post to call him a doodie head so my previous constructive post isn't ruined.

14. Well played. :D

15. WERA

WERA Administrator

Yes the website is marketing. There are thousands of people using it and I've gotten no emails from anyone bitching about it. I have gotten emails about how it's easy to navigate. I have you and of course some experts in the field of design who actually could do a better design telling me it could be better - let me clarify that, I have you bitching, I have others who have facts giving me constructive input. I honestly didn't think that schools had gotten so bad the word schedule wasn't easy to understand. But I'm still not seeing anything you're upset about specifically. I get it, you think it sucks. Please tell me why.

Actually we are still tweaking it and will be revamping the payment structure at the end of this season since Google Checkout is shutting down. I am glad you've had a trouble free experience with it.

The advertisers are customers. I don't tell them what to advertise. They have to renew payment for the banners and can change their artwork at any time. I don't know if they're running a special or not, that's not something I can keep up with. I am sorry you personally were embarrassed although I don't understand why you were. You went off an ad that Hotbodies had created.

What does that have to do with our web page?

What does that have to do with our web page?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course he did - because that's the entire point of his post is to bitch about what we did to him by cancelling Summit.

It's not about the site, never has been. It's not about anything but being pissed off and even though the decision wasn't mine it's about bitching about me and what I do. He's the type of person who will down the line bitch about how I'm ruining racing and WERA - using all sorts of examples that have nothing to do with the core complaint of we cancelled Summit and he blames me. If you read through the post you can see where the other complaint he has truly lies too - a banner, created by an advertiser, something we do not and cannot control, made him look like a fool to a vendor. That's where the website stuff comes from. And again, that is my fault. Not the advertiser - mine. Even better, not the web people, but me alone.

It really is kind of fun to actually see how people get so bent out of shape and why they blame me for things, even if they're totally illogical.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I just want to call you a turd:)

18. couch

couch Well-Known Member

Me too... I'm looking forward to it again this year!

19. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

When AMA ran the Moto-ST and Moto-GT series, we ran it for one reason and stopped when that reason went away,,,, MONEY.

Here is the condensed version; easier on one page.

20. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Your suggestions had merit until the last paragraph where you decided to engage in insulting Mongo personally.....
    Just a thought you may or may not want to consider in the future...insulting a person's character in any form, (particularly a public forum), rarely gets you the results you are after and ultimately will create pushback in any given situation.
    Consensus is built through rational conversation, not name calling.... ;)