1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Has been moved to November 16/17 for sprints, not sure yet what to do with the Endurance, torn between Friday at Road Atlanta in Oct or trying for the 15th of November and having the final at Summit - what do you guys think?

I want to hear from Endurance Teams only. The rest of you stay out of it for now, this is actually important to a lot of people and bullshit won't be tolerated.

2. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

Since I live 45 minutes away from Summit point I am for Summit point in November even so it will be cold and potentially rainy, which actually could benefit our team :)
    Michel.

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

RA for us.

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Glad I decided to cancel my plans to haul my stuff up to Summit for the endurance round Friday. Would have been mighty lonely.

I know the answer is no but can't help asking if there's any chance of running the last round of E at NOLA in Nov. Didn't think so. Atlanta would be my pick then.

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I like that idea! :up:

6. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

As much as I would like to have it at my home track, to cold in Nov at Summit. Hell its to cold in R/A in Nov, we have had snow flurries at GNFs in Oct:) I would like to see it at Road Atlanta or a double endurance event at GNF like they did 10yrs ago at VIR. I think if you have it at Summit in Nov you will see poor entries numbers.

7. couch

couch Well-Known Member

Started a new thread... let the debate begin...

8. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I don't think we would make a November Summit event. Maybe Max and Jesse could, but I would be out. Road A, Barber, or really any of the other SE tracks would be fine.

9. melissa

melissa Sir

Just to clarify here: when you say Road Atlanta, are you talking about the GNF at Barber or a new date at Road A? If the latter, when would the proposed Road A event be?

10. BEi/DunlopRace

BEi/DunlopRace Well-Known Member

Road Atlanta, Friday, October 4th

11. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

:stupid:

12. aod99

aod99 Administrator

First choice would be two four hours at Barber ala TOBC's suggestion. The last time we did this (ten years ago?) we had to do two 3.5 hours instead of two four hours but it depends on daylight and other scheduling.

Second choice would be Road A on October 4th.

Anything at Summit past this coming weekend is going to be a big dice roll on weather. It COULD be beautiful crisp autumn weather, or, more likely, raining and cold cold cold.

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I say we do November in Vegas.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha to Zoran and press release which went out today aside I'll pass all suggestion by the boss. However - email me if you haven't!

15. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Make it a 6 hr on Friday Oct 4th!

DO IT !!

16. ghetto customs

17. ghetto customs

18. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member