1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point 9/20-22

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Sep 14, 2013.

1. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Well, we're most likely out for anything later this year at Summit. A Road Atl makeup race sounds great as long as we get some notice to prepare.

2. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

You are correct...but the track temp will be much colder at summit!
    Sucks...but if it's going to keep wera around for 1 or 2 more years its a valid decision.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

this is my first year so i gotta ask..... is WERA having a hard time staying afloat/possibly going under? i hope to hell not,im loving it out there with WERA!!!!

4. 418

418 Expert #59

I doubt it's that bad but if they keep putting events on that keep loosing them money (as they have in the past), it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

5. britx303

okay,so i just clicked on the RRW link and read the article. i am assuming at this point with the ama,ccs,usgpru doing a large combined,seemingly open event so close-ish to summit,wera has cancelled because of this,possibly due to the fact there is a greater chance of a very small summit turnout?

6. streetrocket22

streetrocket22 Well-Known Member

That's what I got out of it, sucks really.

7. britx303

cant we do a poll and honestly check yes or no to us racing at summit as opposed to those who may go to v.i.r.? not sure if this is worth it,but again im new and wish guys would chime in on improving our situation,as opposed to asking if wimmin poop. this is a roadracing site isnt it? not arguing,or being callous,its just that this is so heartbreaking and we need some focus here

8. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

nobody is excited about this but why don't we all just wait until sean/evelyn/wera explains their rationale instead of jumping to conclusions?

9. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Since I was not cleared to race until after the endurance race (Tore ACL/MCL) I have to say....I am not mad.

I've been tossing and turning debating if i should not listen to the Dr. and make the Race my first weekend this year back to racing or be good and miss my first endurance race....

Weather will be the factor for me in November...but Im excited....and should be in good health and cleared.....

Sorry for the other fellow racers who planed and will miss out.

10. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

Dammit, guess I gotta go to VIR instead now.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

ive been talking about this for a looooong time. im in!

12. 98VTRRider

98VTRRider Well-Known Member

Too bad we can't all just run VIR and have points count for WERA classes like how it worked at Vintage Motorcycle Days...

I doesn't seem rational they would think they will get a better turnout in mid november as opposed to this weekend even with the other event going on...There are a lot of people who planned to be there this weekend that may not make it in November.

13. joec

joec brace yourself

someone better bring a turkey fryer, and pumpkin pie is all i have to say.

14. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Thanksgiving

I'll bring both. And a torpedo heater!

15. Rx3

Rx3 1%

Why do we need a poll? Pre-registration would suffice.

16. Are you thinking of adding another RA date? Or swapping the practice day to an Endurance race? Or changing it from a double-header to something else?

Even though im not racing Endurance, can i still email you my opinion? :D

17. That isn't entirely accurate. Not everyone can pre-register. There are some people who can't pre-register because they need to wait till that Friday's paycheck.

But then again, a poll isn't 100% accurate either, as not everyone frequents the beeb.

18. layback

layback Active Member

Why is it still listed as an event on the www.wera.com site? If it wasn't for a random message I posted on facebook about going to Summit WERA and then somebody posted that it was cancelled, I would have loaded up my truck and driven down there Thursday.
    I can't be the only one who hardly ever comes to this "forum". How are people who may not come to this fourm supposed to find out? When they arrive at the track gate?

19. rewagner1

rewagner1 Well-Known Member

I agree, the WERA website is awful. And I had no idea there was a forum until a buddy texted me about the Summit cancelation. You'd think that they'd have a more descriptive link than "BBS" in the smallest possible font to advertise their forum. And according to their homepage, the Summit round is still on. Doesn't WERA have everyone's email? Couldn't they have just sent out a mass email message? Probably would have been more effective. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't know about the cancelation. At least update the homepage ..... not a sermon... just a thought.

20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

No, you're absolutely correct. Website is terrible. The only people that think it's OK are the ones that know which micro-font tab to click on to go to places. They had schedules from like 2009 posted on the site up until 4-5 months ago. :crackup: