1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Honda Grom 125

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, May 14, 2013.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

All you "I don't get it" guys have obviously never raced a mini. I tried like hell for years to get my 178 kitted KLX110 street legal. KTM 65 USD Forks, close ratio aftermarket 6 speed, 12" NSR wheels, CRF450 front brake... the thing is badass, and will pull 70mph easily. Its the only bike I've said I'll never sell and actually meant it.

Sadly, no dice here in Wisconsin.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

"The Ballistic Grom Series" - The name is faster than the bikes! :D

3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

What are some prices out the door that you're seeing?

4. RC927

RC927 Well-Known Member

We just got 2 yesterday, and were giggling like school girls. When we have a surplus I think I'm selling my Superhawk to get one.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

west coast Ive read shops want $4500 otd. East coast was abit more reasonable at MSRP plus fees... so like $3500.

6. styles

styles The untrained eye

Put down a deposit on one yesterday. Next one arrives in September but someone is already on the wait list for it. Apparently he was on the list for the first one but couldn't get financing so is getting his mom to co-sign. I'm hoping he gets in trouble before the bike arrives and mommy backs out. :)

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I ain't paying no $1500 over. Shit, I ain't paying no $500 over.

F@ckers are trying to rip me off! F@ckin' f@ckers f@ckin' trying to f@ckin' f@ck me!

8. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Do these have clutches and gears? I need to get my wife more comfortable on a real bike (Zuma 50 currently) but it has to have a low seat height (she's 5'1"). That currently only means a Rebel which I'm kind of against.

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Four-speed manual clutch. Grom is almost the same size as a CRF100.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

I used to race my Yamahoper moped in sixth grade. It was like way fast.

11. TurboBlew

but but but its a Honda. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Follow the leader...he's on a Honda! (misogyny)
    You can hang balls with CX, CBX, CBR, & CRF rydahs and talk about how awesome Big Red is! :D Shoot even the Repsol replica clique might let you park near them! :up:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have a Honda pushmower and I'm a prick. Guess that blows holes in that slogan?

You meet the nicest people on a Honda except for that one jerk with one of our pushmowers.

13. dtalbott

Why blame Honda for some of their dealers jacking the price above MSRP?

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

It's quicker and easier.

15. dtalbott

True.

The biggest problem is Honda is offering a very limited quantity of a model that lots of people want, and giving the dealers very little profit margin on it. I can deal with a low profit margin when I have lots to sell.

16. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I just stopped at Sps in Sanford to order some parts and walked past two of them on the floor. Guessing they're sold. Cool looking little bike in person, tiny!

17. 600k2

600k2 Well-Known Member

Looks like my local dealer has some Grom's in stock... :D Might have to go take a look.

[​IMG]

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hypermotard wannabe

[​IMG]

19. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

20. TurboBlew

Am I seeing quick change axles? :crackup: