Is Blake Young trying to open a salvage yard?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Aug 18, 2013.

1. mdr14

mdr14 What?

Attack Performance had the Attack Performance Semi at Indy

2. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

Rapp had to take a job with a commercial airline as a pilot so he can make a living. Blake never rode a "true" superbike in the ama either. Steep learning curve. And as far as the electronics on the bike, theyre the best you can buy from motec and Richard knows that system as well as anyone.

3. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

The semi was on lease to a now disolved ama team.

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

What they transport the bike with doesn't matter. Who sees that? A couple hundred people with back gate passes? That motorcycle is a legitimate CRT platform, still developing, and in no way does it cheapen the sport.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I feel that entrants in MotoGP should be held to an extremely high standard. Look what BE has done with F1. If the sport is to be taken seriously, and attain the highest level of respect, then each team should also be held to the highest standards.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I think from a financial standpoint they need to find another rider. Not talkin shit on Blake but he is making that a very expensive program to run.

7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

It's not the CRT wildcard bikes that ruin the sport, it's ignorant comments like the one you posted that do.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A couple of teams pretty much go bankrupt every year. Kimi Raikkonen was complaining at the last round about not getting paid on time. But yeah, they all have shiny trucks. :D

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

It is racing, shit happens.

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Armchair quarterbacks who cant even win a club championship themselves should shut the fuck up.

11. socal

socal Well-Known Member

...thanks for the support. Richard has worked tirelessly at making this CRT bike competitive. That the tires of his rig were lacking Armorall misses the point of a CRT class or the efforts made by those teams themselves.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Ding Ding Ding.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Their pit looked every bit as professional as the others...

14. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Ok, I'll bite, how are they not held to the same high standard?

15. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

This response is a flawed argument. Many many successful people in professional sports never played said sport (pick one) at a professional level.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

How in the world are these related?

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have no idea. I'm not privy to what Dorna specs for transportation, hospitality, pits, etc. But, I did see a photo of the Attack bike leaving a recent US round in the back of a pickup truck. I don't want to take anything away from Attack, because I'm sure they've worked very hard to get where they are. But, you wouldn't see that in F1 now would you? F1 drivers can make upwards of $40mm per year. Wouldn't you like to see MotoGP riders attain that kind of prestige? I sure would.

18. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Might as well shut down the entire forum... The 6 people in the country with current club championships can just do a group text message to discuss racing without the rest of us bothering them with our opinions.

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Does anybody think the lack of a spec tire would have helped here? My theory is it would have made it cheaper to get ahold of the tire they would be using, thus they could do more testing and refine their electronics.

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

:crackup: