Post 2013 indy motogp rumor fest

Discussion in 'General' started by mdr14, Aug 19, 2013.

1. mdr14

mdr14 What?

I heard tons of rumors this past weekend. Some were confirmed within hours of hearing them. Others are still hanging out there.

The first one I heard going into Indy was that this was the last one. Quickly found out that it was marketing ballyhoo. Then heard 2014 was in the works, but that it would take several weeks to hammer out. Hours later it was confirmed that there indeed will be a 2014 and a long term multi-year deal was going to be included.

The next rumor I heard, from a somewhat credible source, is that Casey Stoner will be back this season, even though Casey publicly has stated otherwise.

Also witnessed first hand that Pedrosa has a sense of humor.

Heard several things about american riders and where they are going to be and not going to be in 2014.

Heard Beaubier going to moto2, going to superbike

heard the nicky hayden lcr deal is just waiting on someone to write the check.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor about the Indy race might become a night race!

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Can't see that happening. The draw for Indy is that it is easily accessible to a wide range of fans who can be back at home and in bed with time to get up for work on Monday.

Navigating 50K fans out of Speedway and then to 465 at night would not be fun.

4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

The Indy 500 is the Sunday before Memorial day so most of those fans aren't working that Monday anyways.

5. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Wouldn't it be a Sat. night race then?

6. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Wouldn't it be a Sat. night race then?

And Nicky on an LCR Honda would be good for Nicky. At least he could run better in the races...get on the podium again.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The rumor or whatever you call it is that it'd be a Honda production racer, not the factory bike. A podium would take one hell of a lot (but not totally impossible).

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

LCR is going to field a 2nd bike next year? I thought Bradl was already signed for 2014?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, if someone is willing to pay (American Honda or someone). He is, the formal announcement was a couple of days ago.

10. TheGrouch

TheGrouch Well-Known Member

Were there 50K there on a single day?

11. mdr14

mdr14 What?

the unofficial race day count was 60,000. i have heard no official numbers.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And put Europe TV presentation out of prime time?

Like that is going to happen...

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

50k fans leaving Indy is a piece of cake. Maybe they are thinking about a Saturday night race, I think that would be cool, except if it kills the Mile race at the fairgrounds. I'll bet a paycheck that the road course will be paved before next year.

14. the muffin man

the muffin man certified hymen inspector

I heard from a former World Champion, that I had the pleasure of talking to in the airport this AM, that when the Indy deal is Extended, the Laguna round will probably get axed. also, that there are proposed changes to the track layout at Indy being discussed, and a repaving of the infield in the works.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

And some of those changes are new restrooms!:clap:

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

After the race they talked about a re-doing of the Turn 2,3,4 area before next year.

We stayed for the 2nd XR race and from the time we got out of the parking lot to my house in Louisville took us 2 hours, which is the normal time to Indy. We had no traffic issues at all.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Make the curbing on the outside of the final turn taller for more exciting jumps/finishes.

:D

18. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

For the first F1 race there, they didn't seem to have any problem getting IMS emptied out immediately after the race. I made it to the airport in 20 min.

One thing that the cops have figured out there is how to get traffic out of there after a big event.

19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Indy is designed to get 200,000+ people in and out. I don't think 50 to 60,000 is remotely a problem.

20. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Make it a step-up double.