1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear wood sealers ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just put up 2 12' x 24' storage sheds, built by my Amish neighbor, pine board and batten. Looking for any input for a good clear sealant/preservative. Is Thompson Waterseal any good ? Or something similar. Not looking to stain, just waterproof/protect.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

3. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

^^^ Neither of those are clear wood sealers. I'm researching also.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

6. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

7. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Thomspson's sucks in the reviews. Olympic Maximum at Lowes has some great reviews, I used it on my deck, has lasted great so far.

8. Jixxer Josh

Jixxer Josh TEX The LED Guy!!

Thompsons sucks ass. Sherwin Williams makes a couple real good wood sealers. Remember you get what you pay for. One thing to look for is a product with the highest solids content. I used their products on decks when I had my painting business and have never had any call backs. Last deck I did was almost 5 years ago. I live in Florida where the sun is brutal on decks.

9. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

If you can find the oil based Cabot stain, it's good stuff.

10. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

11. rick burdick

rick burdick Rick122

Avoid the Cabots,theyre going down the tubes.Benjamin Moore Translucent oil.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Have a Aubuchon Hardware just up the road and they carry Benjamin Moore, I'll check it out. Was kinda leaning towards the Olympic Maximum from Lowe's otherwise.

13. rick burdick

rick burdick Rick122

The Natural tone and Cedar tones are favorites.We haved used it now for a few years in my business.