1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid gee-whiz question from conversation with a customer:

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Jul 25, 2013.

1. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I'm with these guys. I know I was going roughly 130mph through T8 at willow at a track day and Jason Curtis came by me like my bike had a reverse gear. I would assume the really fast guys get up to 155-160 in that corner at some point.

2. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I'd be willing to bet that Toye hits T8 at Willow at close to 160 mph..:eek:

3. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Lol.... I'm with 'ya!

7 1/2 years of trackdays, couple races, 8k+ miles, and still have my original knee pucks with lots-o-life left in 'em!! :D

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

dogleg at Daytona get an honorable mention?

5. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

T-8 willow. My novice ass on a 750 was 135+. Lost the front once there too but that's another story....

6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Is that one of the Italian tracks? Monza? Or Catalunya?

7. 23k5

23k5 Well-Known Member

Phillip Island turn 3, 5th gear. Actually had a full power slide through there one lap on my ZX7RR back in the day, felt like a riding god, for one lap :) then reality set in.

8. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Does scraping your knee on the wall at Daytona count?

9. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Another one for Willow, and I'm scared shitless of that track.

I've never been able to take T8 at better than 150-ish indicated, the few times I've tried. And no, my knee was not dragging.

Slower, and I could touch knee on the way through turn 9, and turns 2, 3, 4 were easy to drag knee. And turn 2 is too easy to drag everything else...

10. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Agreed, T12 at Thunderbolt

11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

At just under 200 mph it would be but you don't touch your knee down because It's banked so high. As Fizzer said, t2 is knee down a long ways at close to 160. Hell, people like Jensen are probably over 160.

12. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Both T1 and T7 at TWS are a lot faster.