1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KTM 690 SMC Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by vdub 2.0, Jul 21, 2013.

1. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

Just picked up an 09 KTM 690 SMC. It has a Leo exhaust on it and I have noticed it has a fueling problem.. It tends to stall every so often. Can I throw a power commander on it to fix it or is there a better way? Also Can any KTM guys tell me where can I find aftermarket and OEM parts and sets of plastics for a reasonable price? Anyone who has experience with this bike and can give me some tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Fueling issues are notorious on that bike when changing the pipe. There was a dealer mapping thing you could get done, helped, but never solved. Last I saw (a while ago) they didnt have a power commander available, not sure if thats changed or not.

3. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

1) Get your ECU flashed by the dealer with the KTM full Akra pipe map - solved my stalling issues, and the dealer was cool enough to do it for free.

2) http://www.surdykeyamaha.com/ - cheapest KTM parts on the net I've found.

4. scottb

scottb Well-Known Member

Call Chad at Commonwealth Motorcycles in Louisville. He will be glad to answer any of your questions 502-589-8164

5. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Or do a search on supermotojunkie.com and find the answer. Its been discussed many times.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Factory plastics KTMworld.com

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

KTM twins is a good source for parts as is Munn racing. My brothers has the full FMF pipe, air filter and there is a wire you can disconnect for a bit more power i believe. It also has the fueling problems. He is looking into different tunes now. His has 10K on the clock and no real issues so far other than the guages are fading and almost impossible to read.

9. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

power commander man!!

We just did one for customer and he basically tried to make out with us after he rode it..that bike was TERRIBLE stock! He was literally gonna sell it hated how it ran around town.. He too had Leo's.

Call Dynojet, they dont technically have a PCV for it...but you can get another KTM model "modify" it.. not hard...but it WILL work if you want too.. really helps them!!

Attached Files:

10. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

thanks for the info I have been busy working 70 hrs a week and haven't had time to check the forums. I ordered a pcv from tj so i will be dyno tuning it. I have a evo1 intake but am thinking about ditching it for a DNA filter or bolting on a k&n ru1750 pod filter I just picked on up, but people say their are huge gains up top but you lose the tq from 4-5k. I also have found the fmf power bomb header for 270 new and am thinking about putting that on with my Leo slip on but dont know if it will be effective,idk why a akro system is 2g for this bike smh.

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

My brother put the powerbomb header and fmf apex can system on his. It was only $750 or so off ebay. Thing runs like a bad mofo but needs a dyno tune to smooth out the idle and low rpm stumble. The stock maps from dynojets website don't do much for that.