1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan has 12 turns

Discussion in 'General' started by nikponcherello, Jul 8, 2013.

1. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

Not 10. Not even 10 with some letters mixed in. I count 12 and I don't suck that bad at counting until it gets way up past like 20, 21, 22, 24, or somewhere in there.

That is all.

2. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

What about Mid Ohio?

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Ever been to Blackhawk? I think it's 1 through 5d.

4. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

blackhawk - 1, 2, 3, 4a, 4b, 4c, 4d, 5, 6a, 6b, 7

5. ton

ton Arf!

the sweeper isn't a turn, it's a straight.

so there are 11.

but really the two uphill turns are 10a and 10b. because it has always been that way and we have to be able to reference where we've been crashing for the last... forever... with consistency.

don't fight it. the Grattan Pub isn't an Irish establishment, either.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

[​IMG]

Counting done for you.

7. ton

ton Arf!

that's wrong. especially since it came from the track website. they don't even label the busstop correctly

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I like those numbers. And for reference, when you go CCW, the numbers don't change.

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Which part is not correct? That's how I remember it.

10. ton

ton Arf!

(nothing's actually wrong with it, Nik is just commenting that the long held history of turns 11 and 12 being called 10a and 10b is wrong. i'm being contrarian)

11. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Nelson has like seven turn 2s.

12. ToKwik

ToKwik Well-Known Member

Still made it a point to completely empty their kegs of Guinness the last time we were there.

Took two days.

:beer:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way to ever truly properly number the actual turns on most tracks, so corner stations are used - especially since send emergency peeps is the only time a number really matters. Racers all describe them differently anyway via names, numbers, combo of the both, or just a generic description (off camber at Grattan would be 3 for example). Especially when bikes are involved since a lot of times bikes don't actually turn in a turn, they just straighten it out. The esses on the map aren't really 3 full turns for example.

14. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Yes, but...........there are less numbers when.......

It's a little known fact that Witchcraft racing knows some secret shortcuts around that track. I mean......... how else can Fast Eddie get such low lap times?

This is my theory anyway.

15. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

Thank you. I've never seen this map. But it is correct.

End of discussion. You may all carry on with whatever else you were doing now.

16. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

I am going to say 11 myself. Here's a pretty good video from this past weekend. It was only Joey's 2nd or 3rd session there and he threw in a 19.7 on the 2nd lap of the video.

He was asking earlier today if we could make it work to bring the bikes there for the race in August. Too early for a roll call?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Wf6T4dlcM

17. ton

ton Arf!

i've been wanting a brake/throttle hand view of that track with a fast guy for a long time. thanks!

18. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Like roebling . There are seven turns. Eight if you count every change in radius, bt somehow there are nine..... ask someone where t8 is...... you will never get an answer lol

19. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Its tracks like the above mentioned that I am ok with not knowing any tracks turns after like turn 3. Nashville was able to fuck that up before turn 1 even. lmao

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Race the trackwards, and turn 12 becomes turn 1, but if you just cut the corner ie rossi at Laguna, the track only has 11, easiest way to pass some one there, knock knock, calling Larry Denning:crackup: