1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On board video of my run up Pikes Peak

Discussion in 'General' started by GECCO, Jul 3, 2013.

1. GECCO

GECCO Runs with scissors

They talk tough about screening riders and only the best can run, etc....but honestly they don't seem to be real picky.

2. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Sweet... I guess I'll just have to worry about staying under 115% of you fast guys then :D

3. GECCO

GECCO Runs with scissors

They don't seem to be real picky about that, either...

4. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Even better :beer:

5. revin62

revin62 Well-Known Member

Awesome video! I was just up there couple weeks ago while they were practicing, talked to a few bike racers. The electric bike really impressed me (fastest time for 2wheeler in the race). The guy said it ran 217 at Bonneville and said over 200hp at the wheel (with a grin)! Props to all you that race this event.

6. dubrdr

dubrdr Well-Known Member

Super cool stuff

7. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Nice job! My teammate ran 10:48 this year on his 1st trip up there. Finished 9th overall for bikes. He's going to try to do the TT next year.

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Not Guy Martin...But this rider has won more TT's than Martin... ;)

9. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Great job, Glenn! Very controlled ride!!! :bow:

Thanks for sharing the video.

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Badass. Looks like a fun course to ride with a motard throttle taped open too.

11. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

You're my hero...I imagine a lot went into that ride with learning all those markers for a hundred some turns. Great job!

12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Jeezus.

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

as someone already said, my thoughts were "like a State Park version of the IOMTT".. wild stuff.

14. sdg

sdg *

I particularly like 5:45-5:50

I have to do this now. :bow:

15. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Road meet sky, sky meet road.

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

:clap::clap::clap:

I would love to come over there and do that man, kinda Isle of man TT stuff:bow:

17. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Thanks dude.

18. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the onboard. I was watching some of the spectator videos the last few days, and was hoping to come across one of the sportbike onboards. By watching spectator vids, it looks like there were a couple of sportbikes in the event, but mostly supermoto types. Also a quick run by the guy on the Ducati as well.

19. InvisibleSaddle

InvisibleSaddle Well-Known Member

I think most people are not chomping at the bit to run after the EVO flying off the course, and that diesel car cut a tree in half after the throttle stuck and it went 120mph into the forest.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Not really diggin the whole "can't practice the whole course at one time" bit.