1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB5 honda, i've always wanted one of these little bikes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by james walker, Jun 7, 2013.

1. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Hehe had a few of them in my youth because they met the engine displacement of a moped in nj. Only when I was 16 and couldnt keep the thing at the posted speed limits was the loophole discovered. My luck I get cop that knew what an mb5 was and laughed at my pedal footpegs while impounding it.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That's awesome!!

4. joec

joec brace yourself

ari and zach have a killer video page.

oh...you can beat him. :D

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Another bike I wish I would have kept.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Walker.....I think it was Tony who was saying he had like 5 at one time.

7. BikerRoni

BikerRoni Well-Known Member

You could say I had a few. It was a great bike for zipping around town when I lived in Savannah.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

i had a loaner to race at loudon at one point in time. jolly moto pipe. carb. some porting. bent, stamped wheels. it was fun, but slow as crap. on a short track, like the one those guys raced on....be a blast. but a big uphill sorta kills the fun.

it would wheelie like no tomorrow though.

there had to be 5 ot 6 that used to show up regularly up there to race. they make a crappy racebike. the frame sucks for doing anything to it.

tex is supposedly been putting one together for like qp years. hes lacing early rs 125 wheels up for it or something.

9. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

10. racertex

racertex vintage dude

that one in St Louis is super pristine....but even so, 2K is just crazy talk!

i got two of them for $400.......and one was built and track ready. bought a third (turnkey track ready) for $500.

i sold one of them a year ago....and now just have the two.

if tanner ever finishes my tank and seat, i'll probably bring at least one to NJMP for a pitbike this August.

the spoked RS125 wheels (i have two sets), are a long term project as I need to get calipers and rotors....then also figure out how to mount them, etc.

i'll run a vic camp fairing on the one, and a TSS Bultaco fairing on the other.

i want to keep the wiring stock so I can run lights and make it streetable too.

fun little bikes....they should be sweet when finished.

11. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

had 2 two of these little critters.
    one cherry red original and one that got a cr60 piston swap.
    both were slugs.it was almost a joke. shift shift shift...etc.and still you were going no where in a hurry.cute bike.NS50 anyone?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013