Looks like my bike sold for full price....

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Jun 25, 2013.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I got this today.... look where the IP address points... I'm sure they will offer full asking price:crackhead:

Someone has sent you a message...
    I am interested in this offer. Please get back to me

Sent From: nancy ([email protected])

You are receiving this email because you posted this ad at weraclassifieds.com
    http://weraclassifieds.com/ads/2005-800ss-straight-fast-clean-title-ohlins-shock/
    If you have any questions regarding this email please contact us right away.
    The message came from 41.58.31.15

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Ha! Got the same thing today - and the bike's posted as 'sold'.

Thinking about asking ol' Nanc if she'll double my offer.

3. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

do you still have the item(s)?

i am currently on an overseas business venture . i will have my logistics technichian aquire the item and deliver a nigerian travellerts chueque in doublr the amount of your auction . please reply with every private bit of banking and credit info you have ever had to expidite this transactionmy cousinss sencond left nuts sister will love this surprise presennts you can simply swill p will wuopou

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Got the same thing on my bike for sale.

Ignored after thinking about it for .2 seconds. :)

I'll never understand why scammers don't actually even try to sound legit, makes no sense to me.

5. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

That IP was used on a piano forum in England. Trying to steal pianos.

6. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

they must be difficult to get over (to) the fence ;)

7. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's by design, but it's good for their business to screen out the smart people - think about it, if everybody responded they'd be inundated and their scam approach would be shotgun at best. This way, only the fish and donkeys respond, and they just reel them in.

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I got an email from her as well yesterday. It seems that most of the responses I get from ads these days are scammers.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Even the personal ones?

10. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Is this the bike with the Yoshimura bodywork? I was really bummed that it got away last time, can I buy it this time? As soon as the $30 million I'm getting today from a deposed Nigerian prince shows up in my account, I'll send you quadruple the asking-price if you'll throw in the Yosh bodywork.

11. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

OK, I'm next. I got the same enquiry when my DorsoDuro was for sale in the WERA classified section....even though it was edited to show that it was sold. Fucktards!