1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alvaro Bautista Crash Count (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, the beverage was coffee but pretty damn close :D

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Catalunya 2013 FP 1 Crash

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Yup was just about to post that. Turn 1. God he crashes lol

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

He also crashed in Catalunya FP2 :crackup:

5. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

This thread will never lack for fuel...:crackup:

6. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

Race first lap, almost taking out rossi again

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

What?....!

8. Quicktoy

Bautista needs to be given the boot. He blows

9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

They cut to Lin Jarvis' shaking his head in disbelief, that guy needs a new move.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What a fuckin idiot...

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Can always count on DeNutstick to hit the ground as well.

12. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

had a mechanical but yea dnf is dnf

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In an interview after the race, he said Yamaha should do well at Assen, "so long as we keep away Alvaro from us." :D

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That boy sure delivers!

15. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Nicky needs to get Alvaro's ride.

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Maybe. I think Alvaro is very talented and belongs in MotoGP, but he needs to check himself, seriously. Before we harp on him too much, though, remember that Honda's golden boy Bradl threw it away what, 3 times in succession? Alvaro is worse because he takes other dudes with him and is seemingly always involved in incidents, but he's not the only one to chuck it down the road. I think he did really well on the Suzukiturd a few years ago. Simoncelli learned to stop throwing it away, Alvaro can too. Maybe this will be the catalyst for change that Alvaro needs. One thing is for sure, though, if he doesn't improve he won't be on that bike next year.

Nicky won't take that ride, he's getting on in years and won't trade factory millions a year for Alvaro's pittance of reportedly $100,000 a year, just to finish slightly up the order. At this point in his career his objective has to be securing his financial future. Why do you think Dovi took the Ducati?

17. Quicktoy

Alvaro said he had to make a move because the guys were holding him up. Holding him up????? Any faster and he'd crash. Oh wait. Maybe the motogp bosses need to make him sit out a season or pay a million bucks to a charity every time he takes out another rider.

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It's wounded pride at Rossi's statements, probably not what he actually believes. Well, maybe. You don't become a MotoGP racer without being self assured to the point of cockiness.

19. Quicktoy

Oh I understand that. He should be banished for simply saying it. He's going to hurt someone badly

20. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I think there's a clear difference between someone that crashes and someone that takes people out consistently when they crash or more aptly crashes INTO other riders. It's one thing to toss it into a corner too hot, but another to risk hitting someone by tossing it into a corner too hot.

It's hard to call though because few riders have the skill to race a MotoGP bike at pace and I think it is also clear he does have that skill... when he's not crashing.