Cycle Jam

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, May 29, 2013.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LMAO. Got em all but RRR.

2. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

after crashing in 12 my belly pan looked like you could plant a row of flowers or something in it...layer of dirt with a layer of tan/clay rocks. was quite nice really.

dumped that shit in the grass behind the paddock

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Caleb and I had fun riding with our racetrack friends, as always. It sure was nice to take a flag or two after all the mechanical mayhem we have suffered through lately! Good to see Kenny Anderson's name on the F3 races. :up:
    Nice to meet the infamous Metalhead and his beard. Looked like you were having fun. Caleb wanted to sign your shirt but apparently your camo shorts blended into the hillside and he could not find you. The race between Caleb and Michael DiSalvo Bailey was a lot of fun for us! :beer:
    A big thanks to Kerry Kling for saving our weekend with the loan of a Moriwaki header! We owe you one.

4. Seeley

Seeley Well-Known Member

So, who was the green bike in the lightweight practice (2nd) dumping gravel (rocks actually) out of the bellypan on Saturday?

5. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I still have some Road Atlanta clay from 2009 on my leathers, old boots and bike that just won't wash out! :beer:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It never will either :D

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Now would be a good time to cancel any trips to RRR.

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

After messing with us Thursday, the weather was really nice to us.

Thank you to all the people that let me help you with tires and other stuff.

There was a lot of Bridgestone podiums over the weekend, I'll be expecting to see a lot of tire certs soon.

To the TOBC crew, it was good to pit by you. Some may be jealous of your set up, but I want to thank you for putting money into my sport and helping so many of my friends. We need more teams like that.

Lucas oils, thanks for helping so many teams.

And anybody that's been doing this a long time like me needs to spend an hour with the Metalheads out there. They will remind you why you started doing this. Glad to see the newbies having a ball.

Off to do more work.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid: On all counts.

10. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

I saw some people signing an orang shirt Sat evening.

Now I know why.

What a great idea.

I was with the group playing the :rock:

11. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

That's super cool right there - congrats on your next step to full-novice :up:

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What the hell happened to the no falling down for 2 events rule before you got to ditch the shirt. :D

Good on ya Metal.

13. Venom51

That was indeed an impressive set up...I took a pick so the next time the wife complains about the money I spend I have an answer for her. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is not and as far as I know never has been a rule.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If it's not a rule, it certainly has been an enduring urban legend.

16. Venom51

I seem to remember someone telling me that at one point. It's been in my head for a while but can't remember who.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Urban legend from hell :D

18. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Hell I always thought it was that way too. Hahaha.
    Doesn't the PN sign off sheet have two lines? Maybe that's where it came from?

19. RacerB36

RacerB36 Well-Known Member

Who was the photographer there this weekend?

20. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Yea but I recall the answer being they take extenuating circumstances into account and crashes are not always a deal breaker. I read it here some time ago