1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im falling apart at 46

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

No doubt.

That and my patience for stupidity is at an all time low. My wife loses her mind when I have the remote for the TV; for the hour or two I may watch per week outside racing, I give the average show about five seconds to prove it isn't worthless drivel.

Needless to say, I change channels a lot. I also stare off into space and think about cool sh!t when approached and talked to by stupid people :)

2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Damn, Gary, you're in for it. I thought you were at least 50 when I met you a couple of years ago...:eek:;)

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

You are only 46???? :Poke:

I have had 5 knee surgeries and there was only one (TKR) that would have caused me to lose more than 1-2 days from work..

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I was gonna just trade him for the chronic pain, one chronic pain for another.

Would you really want this crazy?

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

try yoga. doesn't cost much and there are always hot chicks in yoga pants. you can wear what you want.

you will feel 10 years younger after 1 month.
    or 20 when you keep staring at the yoga pants chicks.

6. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

You might should shed some of those extra pounds G.Extra weight is hard on an older frame.

7. ToKwik

ToKwik Well-Known Member

My phone number from 3rd grade... 746-5131

What I had for dinner yesterday... couldn't tell you.

Go to the fridge to get a beer, open it and head to the living room to find a nice cold one I had just opened. Dammit.

:beer:

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When you're old, going to yoga class to stare at hot young things in yoga pants is as much fun as washing dishes at Maison Robert so you can watch the waiters carrying the filet mignon you can't afford to buy.

9. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I'm right there with 'ya man! :D

I'm only 41.

10. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

At 40, I just had cartilage repair done to my right knee. Go in for Post-op visit to remove stitches and such tomorrow.

The repairs made, my knee already feels much better than before, even with the post-operative aches.

Few more weeks of re-hab and I should almost good as new. I'll find out just how good tomorrow.

I need to drop some pounds again too... Knee is bad enough. Don;t need to make it worse carrying around an extra 50 Lbs or so.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

my new sig line, LOL

12. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be a thread for all the Rossi fans to lament the lack of podiums this season. You know like one of those hashtag thingies. :down:

13. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

When I was young I had a gift,
    my knees were limber and my pr!ck was stiff.

Now that I'm older I've lost that gift,
    my pr!ck is limber and my knees are stiff.

14. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Feel free to start your own thread about that... :Poke:.

I imagine you will have plenty of guests come by to share in your grief.

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

True

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I'm 43.5 now. But feel pretty good. I don't know if 24 yrs of concrete construction has been a good thing or bad thing. I hear I'll just wake up one morning and will have all kinds of new aches and pains. Sure I ache after a hard days work, but no chronic pain anywhere, except for some carpal tunnel setting in my throttle wrist/one handed 12lb sledge hammer swinging wrist.

I don't workout, eat somewhat healthy, never smoked and quit drinking 6+ yrs ago.

Only time will tell I guess.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don't know if you're muscled up or just a fat f@cker:D but I can attest to this. I went on a powerlifting, eating, and (moderately legal) supplementation binge when I was 25 and got up to a solid 230lbs. My joints hated me. I'm 40lbs lighter and don't have nearly the issues I did then.

18. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I thought it was just me. :D

So you are now living my life. Welcome to being an old fart.

The good news is that none of the kids expect you to actually remember stuff any more.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's a brutal catch-22. When you're old, you can afford them but you can't keep up with them. When you're young, you can keep up with them but you can't afford them.

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I've concluded that its the universal plan.

Just imagine if you had the knowledge and resources of a 55 year old and the energy of a 22 year old. The world wold not be a safe place if we all had that combination of knowledge, power, resources and energy.