1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job's: where to look?

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Jun 5, 2013.

1. i dont even know what candy ass means. but i'm gonna see if i'm qualified for anything on there.

2. Judging by your response, you arent.

But good luck.

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Does being a candyass have anything to do with the Free Candy van? :Poke:

4. Depends on how long we have been out there. :D

5. Truth is, very few people are cut out to work in this environment. And i dont know of a single person that came from a "regular" job (like from a bank, insurance agency, marketing, software, etc) and succeeded in the oilfield. It is one of those jobs that people start when they are young and "full of piss and vinegar". Then they either love it or hate it, depending on their personality/willpower/stubborness/mental toughness.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

21 years. Same girl. She's a ginger from across the pond. Crazy as a bag a shock linkages. Makes me look normal. She's awesome.

7. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Rick's missus is the best thing about that household. Followed closely by the dogs. Then the cats. Then Rick.:D

8. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I'm going to be putting myself out on the "market", actively searching for a job. Place I work at was taken over by another company. The work environment has changed for the worse, to unbearable. I guess they figure we should be happy to still have jobs. In this lousy job market there is a lot of truth to that. Good luck to you Bud.

9. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

my airline is hiring

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

big +1 on linkedIn.. for now and laying the groundwork for future opportunities. I've used it for a while, it's kind of like facebook but without the stupid. Feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to give you some pointer how to navigate, join groups etc

11. Quick10

Quick10 Habitual Offender

Avionics? Where?

12. Scooter_428

Scooter_428 Member

Another good place to search for a job is www.glassdoor.com. Not only can you search for jobs, but you can read current and former employee reviews and view company salaries, pending on the company.

13. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

^Don't you have to pay to fully use the site?

14. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

You just never know though.

Example:

About 5 minutes ago I got an email back from a company who I'm wanting to buy some parts from. Guys first sentence was- "Is this THE Pmooney from the Beeb?"

Now, depending on who this terrific guy is I may get a great deal or he may take a dump in a box, charge me $500 and ship it to me. Hope he's not a grammar nazi who doesn't like guys named Pmooney.

(he doesn't have the parts anyway but that can't ruin my story) :)

15. lets be real here. at least you can decipher my rambling. there are commas and punctuation, they might not always be in the correct places. i correctly use your and you're. it's about 90% better than most of what's posted around here.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  16. caferace

caferace No.

With misspelling and a lack of capitalization I'd say you're incorrect. That and admitting in public you don't care.

That's just my opinion though. And I don't have a job to offer anyway. :D

-jim

17. Point taken. I just don't proof read things that I post. I will make more of an effort in the future to make sure my spelling, grammar and capitalization are correct. Thank you.

lol. internet forums. they're serious business.

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I just applied for "Chris Broome's position".

They said they'd be calling shortly to schedule something.

:D

19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Well, you're after the pets and before me when you stay there, so yeah. I know my place. The lights are still on, though.

I don't know if you've moved ahead of Scottie Jensen or Godin yet. Maybe. Scooter Jay is apparently too much of a slut.

20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

capitalize your name Jim.