1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RRR Vintage Race Results

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 70yamahaR5, May 31, 2013.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

I just now read this after calling Steve...hey, many people have had 'run-ins' with the infamous 'Roebling Commando', but for some reason, he's gets along peachy with me...maytbe it's because I told him I go everywhere heavily armed to confront suspected subversives and preverts. :D By the way, he owes us one because a few years ago, he deliberately ran over Mark Morrow who was riding his bicycle, I saw it with my own eyes!

Seriously, I think he simply overreacts to what he perceives as a threat to his 'mission' at Fort Roebling...I know Steve, he puts a lot into his effort (all the way from Texass) to join us in WERA vintage events, so I ask that WERA management permit Steve to continue on his racing jihad with us...here's the deal: I'll send over some 12" screwdrivers and two cases of beer to Captain Roebling and he'll forget all about this.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  2. promod

promod Well-Known Member

charles--your a good man--when doug bowie and mongo talk all will be rite doug was talking to me when hitler came up on his golf cart and went crazy yelling and all there were no signs on the track saying no bikes allowed yet the next morn. when i waited at the exit for them to open the gate to leave there were white folding signs set up there ...the old fat guy is lying to everyone to save his lying a$$...i didn't get to the top of NHRA dragracing world by lying and i'm dam sure not going to start now..I stand by what i said... and god bless JOE P.

3. promod

promod Well-Known Member

yo--yamaha fan bob--one of your old pals and my best friend in the whole world gary gates told me last week find bob and tell him i put u and him in the best people in the world group ..i guess u helped him str. out some cnc machs. saved his but w/ your computer skills he's going to join wera and ride one of my bikes this yr. sorry i missed u finely got to meet lyn i'll find u even if they thro me out i'll go to barber and hang out i met george barber last yr (gnf) he will let me in thanks bob....... hope your getting better....i'm flying home mon. my camper is wrecked i been banned from rrr by track mgr. called a lier by a wera employee who has non of the facts or statements from folks who were standing rite there when it all happend there phone # is on my cell phone I will miss road atl.,,,,i've never had this bad of race weekend in my life and at memphis tn. in 1994 nhra top fuel event was on fire at 300 mph 3 times and did not quilify it don't get any worse than that ---well at least till now !!!!!!!!!!!! some one let me know if i can come back ...some body goggle nhra 1994 memphis event ...see i'm not lying...seeyaa

4. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I have always wondered since they are so strict at RRR, why don't they give you a sheet of cheap paper with the rules printed on them when you pay for the $25 for the weekend and $15 for power? Seems like a win-win to me. Everyone would be have the rules spelled out for them. No excuses for either parties.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Finally getting the ex500 tamed, it was good enough for 3rd in V5. I'm with everyone else about a bad vibe down there this weekend.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

What were you running in V6? You crashed too with the DNF?? :(

7. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Sorry you had such a bad time. Don't let one AH ruin your hobby. I am sure you will reevaluate when things calm down. I was wondering who is Gary Gates? I went to the LeMans 24 hr. with a Gary Gates (Longhorn) back in the 70's. Also ran the 30hr at Rockingham together. He was from Texas. Could you pass along a Hello from me to him? He was a good guy I have often wondered what he was doing. I am Sam Williams from the Lester Wheel team.

Sam Williams #47 SCVR [email protected] 330-328-7644

8. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I was with Steve when the track hitler came up to him and went crazy.....steve many many many times said I'm sorry,but the guy would not stop his mouth.....after that I walk to the pits to take my dog back....I been racing 40 plus years and never seen such a track ass-hole in my life....steve should have not been treated so badly....the hole seen SUXS..............................

9. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

That guys has always been a d%$K for sure. That time he took me out on my mountain bike, he started off blaming me for riding my bike on the track "without permission". He changed his tune quickly, but it was funny to see his initial reaction was to blame me when HE was the one that pulled out onto the track at full speed without looking both ways! I had a really lucky fall and ended up with nothing more than some scrapes, but the front wheel of my (very nice $$$) mtb was taco'd. ($85 to fix) I never brought it up to him because a couple years went by before I went back to RRR, but I almost brought it up Sat morning when I was getting gas. I told him to put $40 in and he ended up overfilling it to $40.70. I pulled out 2 twenties and told him sorry, but I didn't have any singles and he just looked at my wallet and nodded at the other twenties sitting there, so I gave him $60 and he made me exact change. Should've reminded him about the rim! Glad to hear he'll be leaving!:beer:

10. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

11. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Hello, Any friend of Gary's is a friend of mine. Gary is a talented guy with some nice motorcycles of his own. I have enjoyed every minute of working for him and the hospitality shared by Gary and his Wife Margaret. He has one heck of a business out there.

I am getting better, headed to the Doc this afternoon with the hopes of getting released to travel. Sorry for your issues at Roebling hopefully the coming management change will make it the pleasant place it used to be!

What are you going to put Gary on? Love to share the track with him in V3, he loves his old Triumph’s

I would LOVE to restore that big TZ of his and at least put a parade lap on it so I could say I have ridden one.

12. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Yes, I was about 20 feet away from the incident. The Track Manager came up and immediately jumped all over ProMod's case. He did not explain what ProMod did wrong, just started yelling at him like he does everyone. He even cussed ProMod. In turn ProMod fired back.

In ProMod's defense, he had never been to RRR and no rules of any kind had been explained to him. I spoke with him and his wife after the incident. I told them a little of the history with WERA and Pit Bikes, which I didn'T realize has changed since I've been gone for 4 years.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The pit bike rule varies these days event to event.

Just cuz - for future reference for anyone at any track - motorized vehicles are never cool on the track surface after hours.

14. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

is this the guy who is always smoking the pork at night and chewing tobacco? RRR is one of my favorites and I have not been there in a long long time and I was trying like hell to make it this time.... glad I missed out. Dude probably knows hes out after this summer so he is getting his licks in while he can- what an ass..... banned for life... hit the road pal...

15. promod

promod Well-Known Member

rrr

buff-----------i'm going back to RRR nx yr for wera event ..he can't do that to me...he made me leave sat am i'm still pissed thank goodness for wera -mongo -and the ladys,,,thanks for all the folks who saw the lying jerk and spoke up for me i'm leaving my mini bike at home !!!!!!!!!!!..god bless joe p......steve and sandy foster.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Next year when you come to Roebling, bring along several 12" screwdrivers...

17. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Thats a relief, those 30" were cumbersome to carry around.