1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite tire mounting lube.

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, May 1, 2013.

1. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

As was suggested already in this thread I use RuGlyde. It really works well. I wonder on the other soap mixes, etc what they leave after drying and if a high hp bike is more likely to spin the tire on the wheel. On the big bike I try and mount em dry.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I use Rim Ez from NY Tech supply. Stuff works great, only 15 bucks a gallon and it lasts. I easily do over 200 a year and buy 2 gals. a year.

3. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Big +1

It is almost counter productive with really stiff sidewalls if you put too much on when mounting the second half of the tire. Makes the floor slick as ice too if you spill some

4. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

When I opened the thread, I was expecting that too. Especially with the constant xidb references. :)

5. Woody_303

Woody_303 Well-Known Member

6. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

The anal sex stuff?

7. Zepp

Zepp Well-Known Member

Another RuGlyde user here, it's good stuff.

8. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Getting those BT45's to bead on the TTR rims is a chore sometimes, WD-40 usually lets them slide right on, i use it on top of the normal tire mounting stuff we use, Wurth I believe.

9. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

At work I use the mentioned Yamalube product. At home, I grab an Armor-All wipe, works awesome.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

11. sdg

sdg *

slip-tac

12. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Napa tire lube, comes in a gallon mixes with water