1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gpa d211s

Discussion in 'Tech' started by shooter 6, Apr 28, 2013.

1. shooter 6

shooter 6 Well-Known Member

I got a set of d211s and I got two tracks days on them and 5/32 both tires at deepest tread. I wanted to know if they are goo for another track day. I haven't been on the track in a little bit. And won't be going that fast. Should I be able to tech in or should I just go out and buy a new set?
    Thanks

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what are the prizes for winning the track day?

3. shooter 6

shooter 6 Well-Known Member

there is none. Im just trying to see if i need a new set of hoops man. money is tight

4. TurboBlew

if there are sipes... there is still some usable tread.

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

ive run the 8477 compound rear well past the tread without sacrificing too much grip.

6. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen Well-Known Member

Hard to believe, except at a "try the track" pace.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Says who??? :mad: ^^^^^

8. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

are you running an expert pace?

9. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Few questions:
    DEEPEST tread doesnt matter, what do they look like on the sides? approx what % of the siping is left on the sides?
    What compound? And at what air temp will the trackday most likely take place?
    What is your pace?

Some conflicting info in this thread. Do 211s have grip when they are "bald" on the sides? yes. Is it less grip than when they do? yes. I ran a shagged 8477 ntec the last stint of the endurance this weekend. I lost one second over the course of almost an hour, and was spinning twice as much. So yes they still work when "worn out" but not as well.

In the end, you need to run what gives you confidence or what is the point...

10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

midpack expert pace, YMMV. i spent the whole trackday working on maximizing front grip and optimizing rear wear, so pace got better while the tire wore less.

agreed

11. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

In order to win don't the others need to know they area actually in a race?

12. TurboBlew

what kinda sportsmanship is that? :D

13. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

You are right, what the hell was I thinking.

If your not first, your last.