1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants to jet ski/boat to the Bahamas this year?

Discussion in 'General' started by 675AV8R, Apr 23, 2013.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Eh, their going to be on jet skis. They could pop out in a lot of places in the Berries and head down to Nassau and skip the whole tongue thing if the weather wasn't cooperating. Not like they're dealing with a lot of draft :D

2. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

That's exactly what I was just looking at, skipping Andros and going to Great Harbour, then down to Nassau. Shortens the run out of Bimini quite a bit. And yeah, draft definitely isn't an issue :D

Would most likely be a 6 day trip though if we wanted to go to Nassau and not spend more than 5-6hrs on the ski per day. Doubt most people are going to want to go that far/long :(

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Man, here's something you should consider. Camp on the bank side of the Berries and spend some time without civilization. There are some awesome beaches and some good fishing. Do the minimalist thing. Bring fire, a pan, some real light shelter and hang under the stars on a beach for a night. It would be fun. The only thing that would concern me is party suppliies. Beer is bulky to haul around but you could booze it liquor style or bring some of the stuff you can burn to have a good time.:D

4. 675AV8R

Hmmmmm.......

We've already got 1 boat confirmed. He can haul the beer :D

That's actually a damn good idea. I'm going to have to look into this some more.

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

OK man, here's a tip. Look at Hoffman's Key. Awesome beach on the west side. Real corona commercial type of shit. Nice white sand, turquoise waters.. you can jump off the cliffs into the blue hole (or sacrifice a virgin or two and throw em in). Just south of Hoffmans is a little anchorage just west of White Key. On the south end of the anchorage near the beach you can shoot all the fish and lobster you want in neck deep water. It's fricken awesome! Been there many times..

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I am looking into trying to borrow one. If not the rental situation still sucks??

7. 675AV8R

There appear to be some newer companies down in Miami that are doing full-day rentals now. Might check with them and find out how they feel about keeping them overnight for a week. I just wouldn't mention the whole going to the Bahamas part straight from the get-go :eek: If it's your only option then it's your only option, but after what we ran into last year I'd rather try and borrow one from someone before I took one sight-unseen across the ocean again.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

This sound awesome! Just don't get boarded by the Coast Guard. :)

9. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

This is an excellent idea. I forgot about their minimal draft....not sure what the tag along boat's draft is though...

10. 675AV8R

Why? Besides, a boarding would be more like, "hey uh, why don't I just come over there"

11. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

Famous quotes from Miami to Bahama v1.0:

"Which way is East?"
    "All our food and water fell off my ski."
    "What happened to the other two guys?"
    "Look at that bird that keeps flying into the water."
    "That's a flying fish."
    "We're down to half a tank, but we're not half-way there yet."
    "Don't worry, it's got a fuel reserve."
    "Look at the dolphins, holy shit."
    "Are you able to get cell service out here?"
    "Wait here in the water, we'll go find gas."

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup:

13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

You're talking to a man who makes a point of refusing to watch TT practice from anywhere except on board his bike, on the grounds that he knows it'll scare the living shit out of him.

Thinking ahead clearly is not, and yet somehow also clearly is, his strong point.

14. 675AV8R

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

And it's already been decided that I will not be making any fuel calculations this time :beer:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Is this on a map? I can't find it on the googles.

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

17. 675AV8R

Yep. And it sounds like an awesome fucking idea. Anyone that doesn't want to camp can stay at Great Harbour that night.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

It's on my charts.

25° 38' 13.48" N 77° 44' 41.26" W

Search "Hoffmans Cay" in google earth and it should find it. The images are kind of blurry on GE though.

You can just google it and find some pictures etc...

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Here's an aerial photo...

Attached Files: