1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need bat for 04 civic hybrid

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Mar 22, 2013.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

fam member has one. bat is crapped out. dealer is saying 3500.00

any suggestions for cheaper options?

2. Crispy476

Crispy476 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  3. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

4. joec

joec brace yourself

7 years

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

20# of Tannerite.

:)

6. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

How much to dispose the old battery properly? something tells me hybrids will be laying around everywhere once all the batterys are dead and the cars arent worth fixing.

8. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Duracell???

Or a car that's not a hybrid. :p

9. A 10 year old Civic is worth like what, $13 or some shit? I would take that $3,500 and buy a whole used (gas powered) car.

10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

How long until dungeon material shows up? :D

Freakin hybrids....

11. I see what you did there. :D

12. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Saw this one coming. There is going to be an enormous wave of hybrids (Prius, civic, etc) in this exact predicament if it hasn't already started. Seems there is a huge opportuinty here for a shop that specializes in converting the hybrids back into straight gas powered vehicles (Dehybridization). Probably isn't really that hard to do and would be way cheaper than the cost of the new battery packs. For some vehicles (a hybrid Escalade, for example), the 'hybrid' feature is just a gimmick that involves whimpy electric motors attached to the transmission that would be extremely easy to disable. Who wants to open the first dehybrid shop with me?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  13. pickled egg

I would, but only if we employ my technique. :D

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I say we use steam power.

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I looked at Craigslist and found 2000-2001 non-hybrid Civics in the 3500 dollar range to be plentiful. Saw one clean 4 door auto with 122k miles for that price. Looks like 2004 Civics are around 6 (unless it's a hybrid, those seem to be selling for less for some reason).

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

It is surprising that some retrofit alternatives aren't available. Maybe there just isn't enough demand yet?

17. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Come on, I'm serious. My dad is a TV repairman and has the most awesome set of tools.

18. pickled egg

Another awesome use for Tannerite! :stupid:

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yeah...because the reason they are being sold is it's time to shove a 3500 dollar battery in them...

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Hybrid cars = stoooopid x20. Great marketing on them though.

There was a survey done last year and over 90% of hybrid owners would not repeat their purchase. Pretty easy to see why.

Want good gas mileage, get a diesel or even a small displacement gas engine. There are many options out there getting 40 mpg without the hybrid bs to worry about.

My Mom moved to Asheville, NC about a year ago and became a new age hippie in short order. Told her I would disown her if she bought a Prius (joking of course). I finally convinced her on a Jetta TDI wagon. She loves it and it rides really nice. Over 40 mpg on a recent trip to Upstate NY.