1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epic Fail: pUKe Mildcats

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Failure beyond epic, the Mildcats go down in the first round of the *NIT* tournament to Robert Morris U....?? :crackup:

Proof there is a God..... :p

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And to throw more salt in their wound, we will be invading their house tomorrrow night!!

[​IMG]

3. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

It was pretty evident that they were gona suck ass when Noel went down.

4. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Please:

Form a long caravan of red and black cars & trucks and drive slowly through downtown Lexington waving U of L flags, then all around pUKe campus, honking horns and waving to the Appalachians.... ;)

Please.... :)

5. rd400racer

Oh, we'll be there in force!

My wife got 4 tickets from ESPN front row, center court on the opposite side of the teams. My son is taking 3 of his U of L hockey teammates. I'm pretty sure they are wearing their hockey jersey's.

Red splattering all the Blue:D

6. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

I wish someone could explain to me why Cards fans root so hard against UK. They're like the little brother of college hoops. Apparently y'all didn't get enough attention as children. :D

Good luck in the tournament and enjoy the spotlight. See ya next year. ;)

7. rd400racer

I went to UK.

That's the reason I cheer so hard for the Cards;)

8. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I spent a little over a year in and around Lexington... UK fans are some of the worst. I was there when Tim Couch was playing football, you'd thought Jesus was throwing the ball for them. Turns out he was over-rated, hard to believe. I was so happy they missed the tourney and absolutely elated they got knocked out round 1 in the NIT.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I guess I've always thought the exact opposite. My family has rooted for the Cards first, then the Cats, yet all of my extended family hates UofL with a passion. We liked UK, hated the fans.

That said, UK fans in Lexington aren't bad at all. They're really tolerant of my UofL hats at least. :) UK fans out in the country literally live/die based on how the men's basketball team is doing. They kind of suck.

Go Cards! :cool:

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Or when the team had to rely on Calipari's coaching ability instead of recruiters to field multiple first rounders.

John Chaney had him pegged.

11. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

If you were the only Card fan I had ever met, I would be at Rupp tonight pulling for them. Unfortunately, in my experience, you're the exception, not the rule, and they ruin it for me. I'm not talking about some backwards hillbillies that I met at Walmart. I'm talking about otherwise upstanding, intelligent individuals who lose their minds and behave like children when it comes to UofL vs UK. They're happier to see UK fail than they are to see their team win. I just don't get it.

12. rd400racer

The problem with the rivalry in this state is that I see things exactly like you do except towards the Cats. And like I said, I went to UK.

I can only call it like I see it. My son is one of U of L's hockey goalies. When they play at UK (the midnight game at the Lexington Ice Arena), I'm not just making this up.....we damn near need the police sitting next to us because of the physical violence that the UK fans are bringing. And this is club level hockey!

Yet when they play in Louisville it is nowhere close to this bad. I don't hate UK, just not a big fan of the team. But I don't cheer against them when they are playing another team and I was damn proud of them last year.

Now my son, that's another story. He wouldn't piss on a UK fan to put out the fire. But this has been brought on by the way he's been treated on their home turf.

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

[​IMG]

:D

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. It sucks, regardless which side you're coming from.

15. Lawn Dart

I guess this is becoming the de facto tourney thread... If so, check out Sportscenter highlights of DJ Stephens from Memphis. That dude is a beast. They might just take all four other players off the floor to give him room to play St. Mary's on his own.

16. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Haha

17. Lawn Dart

Ok, I spoke too soon. Memphis sucked in 2nd half, but still came away with the W...

Oh, and my bracket is already f'ed. Mizzou, New Mexico, Pittsburgh, UNLV. All lost. Wouldn't be so bad, except I picked New Mexico to make it to the Sweet 16.