1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number plate question (999)

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by pjzocc, Mar 15, 2013.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Specifically, the REAR number plate.

The 999 tail is flat. I'm not sure even if I put #s on both sides of the tail that they'll actually be legible when the bike is straight up and down. Can I do a single # across the tail? If I use a larger, single 3-digit # it'd be easier to read (especially at lean angle) by the corner workers.

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I think the RB says no on one number. Not only is the tail flat, but it is an odd shape in which to fit numbers. I spent way too much time worrying about it. The best thing to do is paint out a block of yellow and then get numbers that will fit in the block. Your local custom vinyl graphics shop will be easiest to get the exact size for the numbers and cheapest.

This one is a one piece printed vinyl vehicle wrap. Way too much trouble.

Attached Files:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Put a plate on each sode of the lowers, you can go down to 4" numbers but 6" is better.

4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Man... that's really gonna eff up the fung shui of my paint scheme!

:p

It'd almost have to be 4" if I use a 3-digit number

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  5. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

6 inch numbers fit.
    [​IMG]

6. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

Or bigger. I forget how big mine are. But, mine can be seen with no problems

Attached Files:

7. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

This brings up a question. On the R6, I have huge numbers flat across the rear, obviously I have to change them, since I need to have 2 rear numbers. Can someone post a pic of how they did thiers. newer R6 body style, sharkskinz rear

thanks

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lot of people are putting them on the lowers on each side.

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Thanks! The pics help!

10. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

That's how mine is done... one big one across the tail and numbers on each side of the belly pan.

11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm hoping this is acceptable ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Hoping I get one of these from the Man!

[​IMG]

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

If not...

[​IMG]

:D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks great.

15. S3aturnR

S3aturnR certified idiot

this is what i have. what is my best course of action from here? just got these done over the weekend. i was told these may/may not pass tech like this, depending on whose checking it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

s3aturnr

16. Jonny Boy

Jonny Boy Well-Known Member

The numbers look nice, but I am sure Mongo will chime in soon and let you know if this will work.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's not too late - nuke the serif on the one (the part that sticks out and makes it look like a 7 at 100mph). Also the tail is fine if you have numbers on the side of the bike as well.

18. S3aturnR

S3aturnR certified idiot

i don't have any numbers on the side. should i put them on both sides or will just the right side be ok (would the tail number count as the left side?)

i'm sure i can get the 1 to look less like a 7...

s3aturnr

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Technically it needs to be both sides. The whole idea is to be able to identify you for any issues you're having and keep you safe - if the corner workers can't see the bike number it's really difficult.

20. S3aturnR

S3aturnR certified idiot

could i remove the tail number and use a slightly shorter number on each side of the tail on the current plate?

s3aturnr