1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No thread on Morris?

Discussion in 'General' started by GrayGhost, Mar 16, 2013.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:D

2. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Sorry to hear you went down again Morris. Hope you feel better. If it means anything I got knocked out on Sunday and totaled my bike at Roebling, no broken bones that I know of so far.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The lengths some people will go to to get out of a BBQ.

Glad you are ok, friend. You had us worried for a few.

You and me both, I rolled by him on the track right after he went down. When I saw who it was and that he was laying face down at the entrance to the 90s and not moving my heart sank.

And you know the worst part? Fooker was wearing one of my helmets! :mad:

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Heal up bud!

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Damn Morris, take it easy awhile man. Glad you're in the comfort of your own home. Get well soon.

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Dave, I'll call later today. Think I blacked out prior to going down, Guess I'm done...:(

Thanks everyone for the well wishes (again!)

7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Morris, I can't believe this. Hope you're well soon. One thing I know is that you're only done when you're completely healed back up and still say you're done. I've said I was done while licking my wounds several times now.

Meanwhile, I expect to see you at the track making sure everyone keeps their equipment up to your exacting standards so they don't pose a needless risk to themselves and others. Heal up fast my friend.

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks George. You my brother.
    I will now be an all the time WERA official (if OK with Emily) and a very active forum stalker. Can't stay away!

9. zuki750

zuki750 Well-Known Member

Speedy recovery mmfoor!

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Morris, are you saying a blackout might be the reason you went down? That's some scary stuff!

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Not totally certain Papa, but I remember intiating the pass with plenty of room then I have no memory until the medics were putting me on the board. Pete sez I ran off the edge of the track, hit the front brake and launched over the top. Also said I had another good pavement bounce.
    I was just about back up to speed, but was having a bit of trouble with perception: ran off the track twice, and was in too deep at times also. Most times the judgement and vision were great, but then some not.
    The 5 mins out of conciousness bothers me as I really can't afford another concussion. For all concerned it's time to let it go.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  12. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Damn sorry to hear about this Morris, we hope you are feeling better soon.
    See ya at Barber?

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Man, that is scary. I'd say you're pretty lucky just to be here talking about it.

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Oh yes, I'll be checking your safety wire and such!

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Done. I won't officially take away your race license but you try and race any time soon and we'll be having a talk.... FWIW - absolutely not saying forever but for a while. Also FWIW - a while isn't a few months....

16. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

No worries here. Couldn't do this to Kathy again and would never risk another racer's health. Thanks for the future option thought. Although I firmly say never again, never is a long time. But I think this is it this time.
    I'm pretty damned sick of effing hospitals anyhoo!

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Glad you're relatively ok. Take care

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Heal fast, Morris!

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and I'll beat your ass if you try and race before Sean says it's okay. Imagine the horror of getting whooped by a midget, mother trucker! and I'll video it. :D

20. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Enough of this quitting racing nonsense talk. I will be patiently awaiting Morris' smack-talkin' return to the 250 thread in a couple of months. Get well soon.