1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Tracks Please Run Minis

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Scott Swensgard, Feb 27, 2013.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

yes :rock:

2. noles19

also i run trackdays at the carolina motorsports park kart track monthly.

3. yes just started last weekend

4. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

It would be awesome to have that track near Indy do mini events

5. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

I am working with VIR kart track and they are letting us run supermoto and mini's almost every sunday now. If I can get enough interest we could have a saturday night race when wera is at VIR. we can run under lights too.

Let me know what you all think.

6. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ I would just about kill to have a decent local kart track that did weekly free lapping days - very cool to push it through at VIR

7. All over it, lets go

8. FatAndSlowToo

FatAndSlowToo Member

Atlanta Motorsports Park has what they describe as a the "only kart track in America built to CIK Level “A” (F1 standard)". Apparently, it has three different configurations. Anyone heard whether they intend to allow mini-bikes to use that track?

9. yes, they have a facebook page and the schedule is up. Rob Bush runs a good program, super motos run as well, and karts this year, as well as a race bike rental service offering track prepped 150r`s, 250r`s.. a great time and affordable.

10. from the posts I have seen on their site they dont even bother to respond, dont think they are intrested in two wheeled anything so far. hope that fascility isnt just a car club posing place, it looks good.

12. noles19

i don't see how it can have a rating like that when the whole track is surrounded by tire walls. not too mention the 20 foot drop right off the track with only tires infront of them. at least that's what i see from the videos i see.

13. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

There are a couple of WERA Mini graduates doing quite well in AMA Pro right now...

14. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

It must be one hell of a track if it thinks it could compete with USAir in Wisconsin.

http://www.usairmotorsports.com/

This track has and will host AMA Pro SM.

15. FatAndSlowToo

FatAndSlowToo Member

I have an XR100 all ready and prepped for track use. I intended to ride at Palmetto Supertrack and Middle Georgia Karting. I'd happily rider WERA mini events, but I've never raced in any WERA class before, and thus don't have a racer's license. I was doubtful that I could use my mini in the new racer's class to obtain a license. Can anyone tell me whether my assumption is correct or not?

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I went there 2 weeks ago and thats exactly what it was.... 2PM Sunday afternoon... Great weather..... 4 Cars sitting on Pit Road... Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche and a Elise... 15 People standing around....No one even driving around the track.... Sad... i took my youngest daughter up there to show her some 4 wheel action and got nothing.. I dont see that place lasting long with just memberships...

17. noles19

i am 99 percent sure you don't have take the race school. just buy a mini license and race i think. mongo?
    and not too advertise but if you're going to palmetto supertrack, we have mini/supermoto track days at carolina motor sports park on the kart track too.

18. FatAndSlowToo

FatAndSlowToo Member

Thanks, I'll definitely check those out as well. I live in Atlanta, but have close family in Columbia. Come to think of it, I have extended family in Kershaw as well, so I'll definitely have to make it out to CMP. And thanks for the response on the racer's license, too.

19. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

I think you will have to do the riders school if you dont have a race lic from another org.

Yes you can use you bike. last year I remember two or three riders take the school on their mini's.

the mini lic is only 50 for the year and then 50 per weekend(two races) or 30 for one day. you will still need a transponder in the minis classes (60 for the weekend)

the next race the minis will run at is Tally in April, bring it out kirt needs another 100 out there and it might get Nigel to dig his out :)

20. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I have raced at lots of tracks from the East Coast to Oklahoma. USAIR is by far the best Mini track I have ever raced at.

BTW, I would ask that you guys not pimp your clubs or orgs on the WERA BBS. Sean was nice enough to make a special area just for Mini discussion. WERA has a Mini class and that shows he supports the kids coming up. Please don't take this as an opportunity to spam about your local mini stuff. Thanks for understanding. Cam Morehead