1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why so many KTM RC8s in the classifieds?

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Mar 5, 2013.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I heard from a reliable source that he got the job by bringing sponsor money with him ;) :Poke:

2. dubrdr

dubrdr Well-Known Member

I was going to buy one last year.. went to local dealer with my 1000rr that i was gonna trade in. I was sitting on the rc8r and a rude salesman came over with an attitude and said hey kid can you read the signs? Do not sit on bike... i said ya i seen the sign but im thinking of buyin one and nobody was helping me.. and as far as seeing the sign i seen it and now im going to go buy a rsv4. Thanks.

Effin dbags. Couldnt be happier with the ape... i will be racing/tracking it this year. Ive got 3k on so far with no mech issues. Only issue i had was i got hit by a car on the street. Had no intent of trackin it but here we are. ...

Wish ktm dealer wasnt a complete tool cause i really liked the bike but not gonna deal with their bullshit.

3. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Where is your closest dealer? That's pretty harsh, man on their part. Especially for a possible RC8R sale...

4. dubrdr

dubrdr Well-Known Member

Bentleys in murrysville pa. Best part about it was i was gonna trade my 08 1000rr in and pay cash for the rest... i went home looked up closest apriilia dealer (xtreme powersports) in deep creek maryland called them and trailerd bike down next day. Even hooked me up with all kinds of goodies to seperate them from the experience at ktm dealer... if anyone is in market for a ape call them. Awesome guys great srvs and good prices.

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Extreme PS is awesome. I drove all the way from Cincinnati to buy my Tuono there. Great folks that know their shit.

6. Lizard 1

That's a bummer as they had that unit for a looooong time. If anyone is interested, ask for Ralph or JJ and work directly with them. They want rid of that thing and are willing to make a great deal!!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ralph and JJ need to work on their sales peeps then...

8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Just an FYI-They sold that bike...

Ride safe,
    AAron

9. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

When do you pick it up ?

10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

HaHa.
    I didn't buy that one.

Ride safe,
    AAron

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You're riding a twin in AMA Superbike aren't you? :)

12. Lizard 1

Where did you find one? I can do a search for you if need be. I haven't been to Bentleys for over 6 months so, I wasn't sure...

13. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Haha if only I was that fast.
    I will be in the WERA Nationals tho.;)

Ride safe,
    AAron

14. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I enjoyed racing the Race Spec I had. Raced it bone stock except for revalving and springing the suspension. I couldn't run with Toye and Sarros in F1, but that may have been more of the component between the seat and clip ons than anything.

15. scottb

scottb Well-Known Member

I've been racing mine just as it comes of the showroom floor except for heavier springs front and rear. Period. Fast and easy to ride.

16. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

I did that all year last year with good results. This year will be different though ...(Insert evil laugh here)