1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog owner alert!

Discussion in 'General' started by panthercity, Feb 22, 2013.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

2. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Probably as good as you will find for the money.

Im starting to wonder if it wouldnt be damn near as cheap to make your own and give them a vitamin. You can make a big ole pot of chicken and rice cheap, throw in a few veggies , some fiber and viola. I have done this before with just chicken and rice when a dog isnt feeling well and i suspect its the food he has been eating. You can buy whole chickens cheap, and dogs love every last piece of them, rice in bulk is pretty cheap as well. They love it, and unless you have some very unsound hygiene around your kitchen, the chances of contamination are next to zero. Since my kids have grown and gone, i have plenty of time to experiment. You could make a weeks worth, vac pack and freeze, throw a pack in the nuker for a minute and serve. Hell, i might even eat with them a couple of times a week lol

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

FWIW we switched ours to Taste of the Wild a few months ago.

4. povol

povol Well-Known Member

You will always find someone who isnt happy with anything. Im sure you could Google " i hate blow jobs" and get numerous links . Nutro has its defenders who outnumber the complainers by a million to one, [just a figure before someone challenges] or they wouldnt still be in business. Its possible there is nothing wrong with Nutro, it just affects a % of dogs who have slightly different digestive needs. A small start up hits the market, everyone loves their product, they sell out to corporate America, the product goes all to hell is a common theme, wonder if Blue Buffalo has recently sold out to a monster entity. Or sometimes they just get to big for their own good, and start making short cuts. Its life as we know it.

5. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Something else to consider when dealing with the internet. Who's to say that maybe there is something wrong with Nutro, and a corporation the size of Mars has internet warriors who's only job is to post pleasing reviews of their product, or vice versa for competing brands. Just keep an eye on your pet and take what you get off the internet with a grain of salt.I bet you one thing, if there was a nation wide movement of people making their own dog food, the corporate giants would lobby for some kind of law to restrict it. They already have with organic farmers who were cutting into their profits.

6. Tony216

Tony216 Well-Known Member

I definitely see your point. I actually deleted my post after getting into the dog food webpage above a little deeper. I understand that reading the Internet isn't the best to gather all of your info. For example, I found out online that Mongo killed motorcycle racing. Unfortunately, I'm not going to the vet until May. She'll give me flea dip and de-worming and then she'll on the dog. :)

7. Mxer485

Mxer485 Well-Known Member

The dog advisor website was great does anybody know of any like that for cat food related items?