1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA-Take your tire warmers off

Discussion in 'General' started by DucatiBomber, Feb 26, 2013.

1. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

I don't think one burnout is going to hurt those warmers. I would re-attach the cord and use em.

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I know 2 experts racers that have done similar.

Aint that right Tarvis & Milkman? :D

3. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I'm hoping these particular warmers have a disconnect... where you remove the power cord from the warmer. Otherwise, did he ride off with the warmer still plugged in, and it just ripped it off?

But then how n 'day heck would he have removed the rear stand not noticing the warmer & powercord still plugged in. I know chit happens, but.... :D

4. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Classic n00b move.The kind that can happen to anybody who ever had a brain fart.

Watch for the used ones on the WERA Classifieds.

5. mcarter

mcarter Well-Known Member

They look like Woodcraft warmers and if thats the case they do disconnect. Good save

6. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Neg sir Woodcraft warmers do not have a power disconnect, at least the set I own. There is a small plug you use to complete the circuit so the warmers don't burn up when you take them off but the power cord still stays attached.

7. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

He should have known that warmers don't get the tire to full temp for the first corner, even if they're still on.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  8. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

They got a big old SUZUKA logo on em. Not woodcrafts ;)

9. mcarter

mcarter Well-Known Member

I havent paid much mind to my woodcrafts. I was thinking they disconnected at the power along with the connection for closing the loop. Ive only used them twice so Im playing ignorant.. I just noticed the velcro flap like the woodcrafts have.. My bad!

10. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

They clearly weren't warm......he lost traction pretty easy.