1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like I need to buy a new(to me atleast) gun...

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Feb 23, 2013.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So I'm itching to buy myself a new gun. Not looking to spend too much or go crazy over the top. Probably a .22 or .22mag.

I would love a 10/22mag, but the Magnum Research is the only logical solution to that, and since I no longer have a hookup at MR, ~$800 for one is hard to justify for something that rarely will got shot(just like most of my guns). There is a SS 10/22 with a Revolution Extreme stock and scope(probably a cheepy), all stock(no bull barrel), for $300. If it is a decent scope, that would be ok, as i can through a bull barrel on it or $150 later. The problem with that is, I already have a 9422 with a Leoupold on it already.

Maybe a 22 auto pistol. I have a 4x handgun scope laying around that would be entertaing on it.....

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ruger 22/45 Hunter.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Looking like 22 semis are in short supply. I like the Buck Mark Hunter the best(appearance wise), but not many out there. 22/45 Hunter is also hard to find. I have only been shopping for my couch so far, of course.

4. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Had a 22/45 lite on order since nov.One day it might show up.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The CZ455FS in 22WMR is looking pretty nice. Finding one is the hard part.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mossberg Model 100ATR in 7.62 X 51.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Nah, not looking for a ~.223 gun. I have a Stevens 200 in 22-250 already.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My brother just got a M77 Hawkeye in .223 and he seems to like it. Why he bought it I don't have a clue. I think it was because he couldn't get a Kmini.

9. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i just bought a s&w MP 15-22 the place had a bunch in stock, it was crazy to get through on the phones though, i called for two days (busy) when it finally rang it was just a ring to get into the automated hold system, its good to be a gun dealer these days

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Guns are bad, mm'kay.

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So are most fun things in life....

12. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

I felt the exact same way yesterday .....

Urge was settled :beer:

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

What did you get?

At this point, I am leaning towards the CZ455 Varmit in .22WMR, and will toss my Leupold 2-7 VXI on it. I will then put a rear peep on my 9422 that the scope is coming off of.

14. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Well I walked thru Walmart they only had 9mm ammo so I bought 3 boxes , didn't own a 9mm so I went and bought a hipoint just so I had something to waste the ammo with ......

It's decent throw away pistol

15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

7.62x51 is 308 not 223

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Ah yes, had 5.56 on the brain.

17. RioHondoHank

RioHondoHank Well-Known Member

I am a fan of single action revolvers and this one is great if you want to scope it. Also has 22lr and 22 mag cylinders.

http://ruger.com/products/newModelSingleSixHunter/models.html

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Actually, I was scoping them out yesterday. A little more than I want to spend right now though.

19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Have you considered the .17HMR, better accuracy, more range. My Marlin is sub MOA at 100yds. The bullets don't skip like a .22 either.

20. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Have one of those for shooting skunks out the back door. Fun little gun with the 22 Mag cylinder in it. These days 22 Mag is easier to find than 22LR.